1. Selling Memories

Coming home from tour, Lindsey was greeted by his girls, only because his son wasn't there yet.

"How are you ladies doing?" he kissed their heads.

Kristen stayed quiet, letting him have his moment with his daughters.

"We're good," Leelee smiled. "I'm glad you're home, I missed you."

"I missed you, too," he kissed her head again.

He would never admit it, but Leelee was his absolute favorite and he adored everything about her personality, it was just an old soul and not constantly on social media where as his younger daughter could be. But Leelee seemed to just appreciate everything more and he admired that about her.

"I also hear you have a new boyfriend, so we'll be chatting," he smirked just to make her cheeks blush a little.

"No problem, I'll take this upstairs for you," she then grabbed ahold of one of his suitcases.

"Thanks, sweetie. And how about you, honey?" he rubbed Stella's arm.

"Pretty good, I won another tournament," she assured.

"No, surprise there... Good job, kid---" he mentioned as she already made her way up the stairs, not really wanting to chat.

"Okay," he mumbled to himself, rubbing his hands together. "How are you?" he asked his wife finally, giving her a small peck on the lips.

In the last months, he hadn't been very affectionate towards her only because he had his own internal struggles and he felt, mentally she was adding to it and her whole spiel of being a genuine and caring wife was getting old.

Kristen had never truly been the best woman in the world, not as a wife at least and especially after having children, she wasn't too into the picture. The last time she was, it was for the MusiCares and that's because so much was going on and she wanted to be in the eyes of the public with her spouse especially when his firing was announced.

"I'm alright, glad to see you're home safely," she assured with a nod.

"Thanks," he rose his brows. "So, you figured out how to make me angry during tour... I'm glad to see that you didn't reconsider," he kind of rolled his eyes.

"I didn't because, I already bought the place..." she shook her head. "It was supposed to be a surprise but it got out," she shrugged.

"And I can't even say, I don't think it's your fault," he scoffed. "Really, who's paying for it, me or you?" he had to ask.

"Look, you just got home... Let's not fight, please?" she asked calmly.

"Fine, we won't---" he shrugged. "I'll be in my studio," he walked away, noticing boxes everywhere, that just infuriating him more.

"You're not gonna start that crap, are you?" she asked, placing a hand to her hip.

"What crap is that exactly?" he asked, turning around to face her.

"You know what I'm talking about," she leered. "It's been almost a year, Lindsey... Just let it go."

"I'll do my absolute best get rid of forty-three years of my life for you," he rolled his eyes as he kept moving.

...

"Y'know this place is still very valuable to me?" Lindsey stated calmly to his wife as she packed their things and he paced the bedroom, watching her; desperately wanting to unpack everything she was packing.

"Right, I know Lindsey---but there is the new beautiful home we're gonna move into and it has us written all over it," Kristen stated, setting a box on the coffee table.