Chapter 46: The Too Round Rock

Annabeth

        "What the Hades happened here?" Annabeth questioned as the demigods walked back onto the ship, staring at an unconscious Frank lying on the deck. The furniture was turned over even more than before. Leo and Hazel were nowhere in sight.

        "Were we really gone that long?" Percy joked. "We should move Frank to the infirmary. He might have a concussion. We don't know how hard he hit his head falling down. Jason?" He looked over at the Son of Jupiter for his help. Together, they lifted Frank up into the air.

        Meanwhile, Annabeth and Piper inspected the deck, trying to find any signs of what happened. Annabeth called out Leo's name, followed by Hazel. Neither of they responded. It was completely quiet.

        Percy and Jason came back a minute later, and Jason asked, "Where are the others at?"

        "We're not exactly sure," Piper replied, looking up at her boyfriend with worry. "We couldn't find them. Maybe something happened to them. Maybe Gaea got them." She whispered the last sentence so softly that Annabeth had to strain her ears just to be able to hear it.

        "Do you think it was a monster?" Percy asked, turning towards Annabeth, who clearly saw the edginess in his facial features. All of them were worried. If something had happened to Hazel and Leo...

        "Let's wait for Frank to wake up so he can help us," Annabeth decided. "Until then, we should keep searching for any hints that may help us figure this out." The others nodded in agreement, knowing a Daughter of Athena's plan was probably their best bet.

        Annabeth and Percy looked below deck together, while Piper and Jason stayed above. While moving past the numerous whistles and dials that helped keep the ship working, Annabeth felt a warm tug on her hand. She smiled, interlacing her fingers with Percy's fingers.

        "Don't worry, we'll find them," She promised with a kiss on the check to seal it.

        Percy sighed, running his free hand through his unruly hair. "I know, but I'm still worried for them. I mean, they are family now practically. I don't want my family to get hurt."

        "I don't either, Perce." Annabeth agreed, and then offered, "Let's keep looking. You never know. Maybe they just fell asleep in the stables." She winked at him, while he chuckled back.

        "Do you remember the look on his face?" Percy grinned with a snort. Annabeth laughed along with him, but it died out soon after due to the depressing mood surrounding the two demigods.

        After another thorough searching below deck, Percy and Annabeth finally headed back up where they met a worried Piper and Jason. Together, they all made their way to the infirmary to check on Frank. Annabeth had a feeling that they were all desperately hoping that he would wake up soon.

        Annabeth inspected his head for any wounds, but couldn’t find any. She was hoping there would at least be something, not that she wanted him to be hurt. She just wanted to give him some nectar or ambrosia in hope it might help him wake up.  Without a wound, however, she didn’t want to risk burning him up on accident.  

        "We should have someone making sure he's okay at all times, then two people up at the top of the deck at all times in case of monster attacks or in case Leo and Hazel come back," Jason planned out, instructing the demigods. Annabeth learned how much more Jason had become a natural leader like Percy. Sure, he was already a leader before, but now it seemed like everyone looked towards him just like they looked towards her and Percy.