Chapter 19: When Romans Attack

Frank

            Camp Half-Blood was a lot different than Camp Jupiter. Frank would love to take a stroll and look around the place, but at the moment the Romans and Greeks were preparing to fight. Octavian was at the front of the Romans. He had a sneer on his face and was ordering them do to things. Frank needed to get down there. Camp Half Blood wasn't ready. They were outnumbered.

            He swooped down on Blackjack, who grunted when Frank finally dropped to the ground. Frank was approached by a centaur that Percy and Annabeth had told them was Chiron, the trainer of heroes. He was like Frank, except that he was only half horse and couldn't turn into any other animals, so actually they weren't even close to the same...

            "Frank Zhang, correct?" Chiron questioned him. Frank broke out of his previous thoughts that were giving him a headache.

            "Yes," He bowed down. "It's quite an honor to meet you, Chiron." Chiron simply chuckled and helped the Son of Mars to his feet.

            "No need to bow down, Praetor Frank. After all, you're the one whom is helping us. It means a great deal to Camp Half-Blood, since as you can see, we aren't very prepared."

            "I better get over there and talk to him," Frank responded. "B-but just in case..." He trailed off, and Chiron nodded in understanding. Frank gulped. Now or never. That was when it all took a turn for the worst.

            The Romans began marching inside Camp Half-Blood's borders. Frank sprinted over there, but he knew that it would be too late. They were already preparing for war. Frank could just barely make out something in Octavian's hand, and it was glowing.

            "ATTACK!" Octavian screamed. It echoed all throughout Camp Half-Blood. Suddenly, Octavian chucked the glowing jar, and it landed only a few feet away from Frank. It exploded and sent Frank flying against a nearby tree. Campers screamed as another was thrown. This time, it was closer to the Big House.

            Frank pulled his sore body up. His back was sticky. He touched a hand to under his shirt to find he was bleeding badly. He needed to end this before it got any worse. He winced as he ran to Octavian and his army. They were fighting campers and trying to get to the cabins to burn them down.

            "Octavian!" Frank shouted. It wasn't loud enough, though, over the battle cries all around him. He ran faster and almost tripped over his own feet.

            "Stop!" Frank screamed. His throat felt ripped raw as he kept screaming. "Don't! Stop it!" He screamed again. Octavian saw him coming. Frank was so angry at that little devil...BOOM!

            Frank cried out as he was thrown backwards from yet another explosion. This time, he skidded across the dirt. He coughed loudly and struggled to try and get up, but his attempt was useless. A foot was stomped down on top of his chest, knocking the breath out of him once again.

            A sword swung at him and cut him across the cheek. Frank couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl, but he kneed them between their legs, anyways. The bellowed in pain. It was a guy, thank the Gods. Frank jumped up despite his burning pain in his back. He wanted to pull out some ambrosia, but he didn't have time. If he wanted to save Camp Half-Blood he had to get to Octavian and quick.

            Octavian was a lot of things, but he wasn't unloyal to New Rome. Frank knew that for a fact. Frank also knew that Octavian wasn't a Praetor, so Frank now outranked him. Octavian wouldn't disobey the leaders of New Rome. The only problem was convincing him that he was now Praetor...and also just getting to the scrawny boy.