Chapter 43: Demeter's Revenge...?

Percy

            Recently, Percy's dreams hadn't been about dancing blue cookies in tutus like he had while he was back in his own house; instead, his dreams had been heart racing, head throbbing nightmares that he didn't remember by the time he woke up. The next morning, was no exception to this recent pattern, much to his discomfort.

            He bolted upright on his bed with chills running through his body all the way down to his toes, yet sweat coating his bare chest and forehead. On the floor laid his sheets in a crumpled up pile. His pillow was wedged between the edge of his bed and the wall. In the corner, his lamp was still on, which he had actually fully intended. This was no post-Tartarus nightmare, either. It was something different...and Percy had no idea what. That was the thing that scared him the most.

            After taking a much needed shower, he rubbed his wet hair with a towel and quickly got dressed. Then, he headed to get some breakfast. His stomach growled happily at the very thought. Up ahead, he noticed Jason passed out on the couch in place of Leo. Percy tiptoed past not to wake him up, knowing that he deserved some rest. 

            Percy then changed his course to visit  his girlfriend, who he guessed was currently flying the ship. Sure enough, he found her staring at some map while simultaneously steering the ship and managing not to crash. If that were him, the Argo II would already be wrecked and unable to repair. 

            "Wise Girl," Percy greeted her, smacking her cheek a second later.

            "Hey," She replied tiredly, trying to suppress an upcoming yawn building in her throat. "What's going on? What time is it?"

            Percy checked his watch secured on his right wrist. "About nine thirty. I just got up a couple minutes ago. Jason is asleep on the couch. I don't think he had enough energy to make it to his room after his shift. Do you want me to bring you some breakfast? You're probably starving!"

            She smiled wearily, "That would be great. Coffee, too?"

            "With no sugar? Of course. I'll be back in a few."

            As Percy started to prepare breakfast and brew the coffee, he suddenly felt the room tilting. He blinked and it was back to normal a second later. He continued to cook breakfast, thinking that he just needed some well deserved food in his stomach. The cereal and milk was calling his name. Maybe adding blue die to the milk would make his stomach even more appreciative.

            Once he delivered Annabeth her food, he finally collapsed on a chair at a table and started to eat greedily, shoving food down his throat; however, the room started to tilt again, this time even more than previously. Percy dropped his fork on his plate, making a loud clattering sound ring in his ears. He heard footsteps off to the side amongst the ringing building up in his ears like warning bells.

            "Percy, man?" Leo questioned with a bushy eyebrow raised as he entered the room. Percy looked up--no, down-- he couldn't which was which anymore.

            "Dizzy," He was able to mutter out before he fell off the chair and onto the floor. It felt like he was on Tilt-A-Whirl of Terror that wasn't stopping anytime soon. Faintly, he heard Leo calling for help until he blacked out completely thinking that he really wished he would've blacked out after he finished his breakfast. After all, it is the most important meal of the day.

            Percy woke up with an angel towering over him. The first thing that came to his mind was that he was dead. He gulped. Annabeth was going to literally murder him for getting himself killed!