24 : Epilogue

it's been three months since everything went down. three months since i said yes to zachory's proposal. i stared down at my engagement ring and felt nothing. "mrs. lodge, your rides here." the door man of the hotel came into the lobby. "thank you." i said numbly. zachory was a secret meeting, he's been having one every other day or so. i didn't care though honestly, my heart still belonged to tom. i walked down the steps and into the waiting familiar black vehicle. the door was opened for me and i slid inside. the second the door was closed i was engulfed by warmth from the cars heater.

i was on my way to meet up with tom and the other families. it was our annual weekly meeting. i claimed my role as leading pierce family member, being as i'm the only one, but refused to change my name. we all agreed to start shipping out material under the holland name. that was supposedly the best way to gain control. it made sense to the others but blew past my head. zachory did all the talking because he spoke for both of us. i didn't want this life so i didn't care for it.

my nerves would normally start to kick in but because today's...the day, seeing tom feels so small. he hates me now, after finding out about the engagement he wouldn't even look at me. he had harrison bring me all my belongings. the car stopped in front of davies family building like usual. i nodded a thank you to the driver and got out. i glanced to my left and saw tom's car, my heart knotted. "mrs. pierce so good to see you again." mr. osterfeild welcomed me at the door. "hi, but just call me sabrina." i didn't have the heart to correct him.

"today must be hard, but i know your parents would be proud." he smiled at me before walking over to the conference room. i followed behind him and we made our way inside. i stepped in and felt all eyes on me, everyone knew. i didn't look at anyone but a certain brown eyes burned marks on me. when i sat down i looked up and saw tom already staring at me. he cleared his throat and looked away quickly. "alright lets begin," he spoke, his voice still gave me goosebumps.

- - -

"that'll be all, keep in contact about coleman. especially because of today." tom finished the meeting up and everyone began to leave. i always waited to be the last one. today of all days i wanted to be alone. just as i thought i was i felt someone sit beside me. "sabrina," tom spoke my name like butter. i havent heard him say it for so long, it brought tears instantly to my eyes. "why are you here," he questioned softly. "w-why else." i sucked in air sharply.

god why was he making everything bubble up now! "sabrina," tom called my name and hesitantly reached for my hand. i pushed my chair back and placed my hands through my hair. "tom don't! i'll break!" i said with tears already falling from my eyes. tom stood up and held out his hand. "please take it," he whispered. i don't know if he wanted me to hear that but i did, and i didn't hesitate to take it. he pulled me into his chest and we stumbled back into the wall behind us.

"god i missed you," he said within a chuckle. i just nodded my head and felt tears falling faster down my face. tom shh'd me like a baby and brought us to the ground. the pain from losing kate and her parents tagged along with my parents death. it was starting to get unbearable. i looked up at tom and he met my eyes. "help me forget," i whispered with heavy short breaths. "what do you mean?" he asked caressing my cheek. without saying a word i crashed my lips to his.

he pulled away, "sabrina we don't-" he began to say but i shook my head. "tom, please. i need you." i whimpered squeezing my grip on his shoulder tighter. with that motion tom nodded and passionately kissed me. he laid me on my back and kept his lips on mine. we let our hands travel one another like wild animals.

"i love you sabrina," tom breathed into our kiss. i kissed him back sweetly and left kisses down his cheek to his jaw, "i love you to tom," i said with heavy breaths. after i said that tom grew more anxious with his moves. i leaned my head back and let out a moan softly as his hands explored my body tenderly. minutes later we were laying next to each other, breathing in sync, naked. tom was squeezing my hand. "do you still love me,l tom asked like a small child. i rolled over and kissed his cheek softly. "with all of me." a tear rolled down my cheek.

- - - - -

months later tom and i still didn't do anything about our feelings. even after saying we loved each other still. tom would still steal glances at me, and brush my hand giving me butterflies. we were at another meeting but this time zachory was acting more suspicious than normal and more possessive. "zachory," i held my stomach as we walked into the building. "again?" he groaned. i nodded my head looking for the nearest bathroom. "well hold it in until after the meeting." he said rudely pulling me along with him.

i swallowed my vomit back down and felt even more sick. we entered the conference room. "god you're acting like you're pregnant."

my eyes went wide.