11

i woke up the next morning actually happy. sauntering over to the bathroom inside my rather large bedroom to start up the shower, i hummed a familiar tune. it was one of the songs my dad sung to me all the time. the pain that came from their deathiversary, which was now almost two months away, didn't seem so painful. i felt like i could finally handle it now and it was a wonderful feeling. i grabbed an outfit out from my closet and rushed into the bathroom. "outside today," i smiled to myself thinking about my plans for the day.

i wanted to go to the backyard area and get scenery pictures. mainly from the gazebo i adored so much. maybe even take a trip to a flowery field near by. a light tint of pink rushed to my cheeks as i thought about a certain someone following me again. i'd be lying to myself if i said i wasn't feeling anything for the hard shelled tom holland. yesterday really did show me a different side of him, and i liked it quiet a lot. i jumped in the shower and washed up quick so i didn't miss the perfect lighting outside. it was just a little before the sunrise so i practically jumped into my clothes and rush out of my room with the old camera clutched in my hands.

a few maids tried stopping me on my way to ask me why i was up so early and if i needed help back to my room. they looked super worried and almost afraid of something but i pushed past them and made a direct b-line for the garden area. once i was outside the smell of morning air hit my senses and it was amazing. it felt like the crisp wind was hugging me. i walked over to the gazebo and got a few shots from the front with the sun peeking over it. but then the thought about how beautiful pictures from the opposite side would look popped into my head. walking to the back of the gazebo i automatically knew i was right about how gorgeous the pictures would turn out. i raised the camera to my eye to snap another shot of the shadow but something in the background caught my attention. i squinted my eyes to get a better look as you lowered the camera and saw from the windows- tom. my stomach did a flip. i walked a little closer trying to get him to notice me, because maybe then he'd come out here too.

i felt like a child trying to catch his attention but for some odd reason i really wanted it. when my attempts weren't working i decided to just go and talk to him. what could be the harm in that right? so i casually walked closer to the back entrance of this massive house. with each step i started to regret my idea of wanting his attention. wild thoughts ran crazy in my mind. was yesterday just a fluke for us? was i the only one affected by the chemistry we showed one another? was this going to be too annoying or clingy? what was there to feel clingy about!?

before i could come up with more scenarios i was at the door and stepped inside. i noticed tom a few feet ahead of me, he seemed lost in his thoughts as he ran his hands through a white wash cloth. "why is there spots of..blood?" my stomach turned seeing the wash clothes removing the blood that covered toms knuckles. footsteps from behind me made my heart pound, every inch of me saying to keep looking forward. but when has my body ever listened to my mind? as the steps inched closer my head snapped in its direction and what i saw made me sick to my stomach.

tom looked down at his hands as they were almost cleaned of this sad, very stupid, dock worker's blood. he caught yet another person stealing from his deals and had to personally handle it to show everyone he's not one to be tampered with. a loud gasp caught his attention but also made his stomach tighten. he knew who saw what was just behind him. and he knew he had to walk away, he knew she was just trouble to him. he knew that all she was to him was just a bargaining chip. then why did he have to fight so hard to not look at her? her eyes were glued to the half alive man he just pummeled to a pulp.

she saw every cut on his face that tom did with his switch blade. she saw the blood dripping from his nose where tom had just finished breaking. she saw everything tom had did to that man, and seeing her face tugged at his heart more than he liked. sabrina looked back at him, her face twisted and tears threatening to fall. "tom- you- did you-" she tried to spit out. the two men holding the wheezing man looked at tom for an answer on what they should do. tom nodded his head and motioned his fingers, the men continued to drag him passed sabrina and to the awaiting car. tom fought the urge to look deeply into her scared eyes and went to walk away, but she grasped his shirts hem. "tom!" she yelled.