23

tom stared at the door, part of him hoped she come running back through it, but the other half of him hoped she wouldn't. "tom, are you sure about this?" harrison spoke with a new tone that tom hasn't heard before. he looked at his best friend and shook his head no. harrison nodded softly and gave tom a quick hug before leaving him to his thoughts. tom walked over to sabrina's slowly. he kept looking at his hands, they hurt a little from pounding on the car window. he shook his head, he didn't want to relive the memory of seeing her so broken like that. tears formed at the corners of his eyes from the pain he felt in his chest.

he could've prevented it! he screamed loudly and slammed his fist threw the vase down the hall from her room. his mind raced with thoughts of when he let her slip from his sight this morning. he couldn't pin point where or when or even how she could've gotten out. he looked up and his heart skipped a beat, her room was right in front of him. he imagined him pushing open this door to see sabrina on her bed looking at the pictures she held in the box in her closet. but instead he opened the door to see an empty room that he last slept in. he slowly sauntered over to the sheets and ran his finger along the fabric.

he couldn't stop thinking if this was the right thing to do. was it so bad to try? try to have it both? tom shook his head no, theres no way sabrina would've wanted to live a life of a mafia wife. he thought about how sexy she would be though sitting in his chair, making all the moves. he smiled to himself but the smile quickly faded away. he gave all that up just a little over an hour ago. tom laid in the bed and thought about what he had to do next. he still had to figure out a way to secure his throne but with sabrina at his side, from afar. and then there was still the whole coleman bullshit.

who was working for coleman? how could they be so close to her and tom not see it? tom pressed his wrist into eyes, his frustration still very there. a little chuckle left his lips as he remembered sabrina leaving with his hoodie. his heart began to pound softly from letting the pain in. tom knew there was no way he'd stop feeling for sabrina. he sat up wanting to get some air so he could stop thinking. he saw the closet light was on, he rolled his eyes thinking about how lazy she could be sometimes. as he entered the closet he kicked something. he looked down and saw her picture box on the floor. he knelt down to pick it up.

he felt a smile tugging at his lips. he kept the box close to his side as he walked out of her room and towards his office. tom noticed how the servants began to talk. he could hear them mention how sabrina was gone and living with the o'connol boy now. it made tom's skin crawl and blood boil. but could he really be mad? he practically told her what he felt for her wasn't real. he pushed open the office door and glanced at the couch behind his desk. he saw the red folder open wide and spread out all over the place. then he saw the letter and instead of touching it he swiped it onto the floor. he sat down and opened the box, he smiled lightly seeing the littered amount of pictures topping one another.

he dumped them out and randomly picked one up, he held in a laugh seeing a young sabrina with crazy hair next to another little girl. he pulled another one and felt his heart pull. it was a picture of a girl he assumed was kate. she was smiling at the camera while sabrina had her hand poking her cheek. he placed it down and kept looking through the pictures. most of them were scenery pictures, some of her past, a lot of her and kate. there was a few pictures left, he picked one up and it was a blurry christmasy picture, he thinks. something about the picture made him feel like deja-vu. he shook his head and set it down picking up the next picture.

"me?" he said aloud. he stared down and saw himself, but younger. he was sticking his tongue out and his face was mean. a smile broke out across his face, he remembers this. he remembers seeing this small bratty looking girl taking pictures of everything. he thought it was annoying. then she snapped a picture of him and he wanted to march over there and break her camera. luckily harrison came over and pulled me back to our families. he ranted on and on about how he was going to find that girl and give her a piece of his mind. he sadly chuckled, he didn't mean to give her his heart instead.

he set it back in the box with the others and grabbed the last picture. he flipped it over and his heart lodged into his throat. it was of him, when they went to that cafe, when they ran into zachory. he sat up and made his way to the couch behind him. he laid down and pressed the picture to his chest. he held his forearm over his eyes and clenched his teeth. he felt warm streams roll down his fast and past his ears. he can't remember when he last cried. his heart ached so bad for the the girl he loved and the power he worked so hard for. he silently cried himself to sleep.

- - - - -

tom blinked himself awake. he was still on the couch where he fell asleep. he sighed and got up. he placed the picture back in the box and shut it. he ran a hand through his hair, today was a new day. he walked out of his office and made his way to his room. he got some clothes out and started his shower. his mind was still lingering with thoughts of sabrina. he let his head hang under the lukewarm water. he hoped the water would wash away all his feelings but it wasn't working. he quickly washed up and got out of the shower. tom got dressed and left the towel around his neck for his hair.

tom lazily dried his hair as he walked towards the kitchen. one of the maids greeted him and pulled out a black mug for his coffee. "actually, i want the bee mug." tom looked away as he spoke feeling his ears burn. shit, even using her things makes his heart crazy. the maid placed the coffee in front of him and smiled as she made her exit. he sipped the coffee slowly and looked out the window. his first thing to do today was meet up with zachory and discuss how he would be needing sabrina every now and again to help with uniting everyone.

"tom!" sam shouted running into the kitchen. tom glared at his brother who ran into the kitchen breathing heavily. "tom! you're going to lose your fucking mind!" he said in a serious yet scared tone. tom stood up slowly and walked forward. "what are you talking about?" tom began to talk when he saw harry and harrison entering the kitchen. harrison smacked the back of sam's head as he passed him. "tom, sit." harrison patted his shoulder. "no what the fuck? tell me!" tom demanded glaring at his brothers. harry slid a news paper across the marble breakfast nook. tom snatched it and began reading but kept looking up at the three confused.

"page seven," harrison sighed. tom clicked his tongue and flipped through the crinkly pages. his heart dropped to the floor as his eyes saw what they were going on about. he crumbled up the paper and threw it before stomping out of the kitchen. tom sped walked to the basement and pulled out his favorite gun, a glock nineteen. he aimed it at the foam target he used years ago and unloaded the clip. "one day!" he screamed. "one day!" he screamed again. "fuck you!"

"fuck you!" his voice let everyone know just how hurt he was. his heart was broken seeing the girl he loved marrying the biggest piece of shit he's ever known.