10

i looked up at the man- zachory o'connol and noticed instantly how handsome he was. he looked like a proper, charming man but for some odd reason his eyes made me want to hide under my sheets. his green beady eyes just stuck on mee like a fly in a trap. "oh, i'm sorry about walking in front of your car." the words sheepishly escaped your lips. zachory chuckled and shook his head. "i should be the one apologizing for my driver, he has a bad temper." zachory smiled at me sweetly, observing all my little movements. "mm," i nodded and looked back down to the piano keys. my mind wondered to tom and where he could've been. some random guy could walk up and grab my shoulder, what if he wants to kill you for that coleman guy? shouldn't he be here to keep watch and protect me? "do you play?" zachory spoke and knocked me out of my thoughts. "i used to, i stopped though." memories of my mom teaching me songs and dad clapping to my success filled my head. i didn't realize zachory now sitting beside me on the piano bench.

tom was still watching from a distance, his hand now firmly on the gun. he absolutely hated zach. they grew up together and hung out a bunch as teenagers. they had a fall out when zach thought it'd be funny to take tom's "high school sweet heart" up to his dorm and fuck her behind his back, tom didn't think that was too funny. and ever since that day, even though it was years and years ago, tom's been waiting to beat the living shit out of zach. and him having his body so close to sabrina is the perfect excuse. "oh you play?" her voice brought toms attention back to reality. she looked startled but intrigued by him, which really pissed tom off. "i dabble," zach smirked. his eyes staring at sabrina's eyes then down to her lips and then to her hand that gently rested on the keys. "we should play together," he said slyly. "the sign says we aren't allowed to so we shouldn't." tom heard it in her voice that she was growing uncomfortable.

"awe come on love, i know the owner, it'll be okay!" zachory smiled at you. for a split second i saw how his hand was about to be placed on top of mine and honestly i couldn't pull away. just before i could have another second to think i felt myself being spun out of the bench and pressed into tom's side. his cologne making me feel comforted, like i was back in bed. "you should listen to the rules more o'connol. if not it'll get you in some deep shit." the threat very clear in tom's voice. zachory stood up slowly and chuckled with his hands up. "sorry mate, didn't know she was your lady," he smirked looking down at me, waiting for me to object because i knew that he knew we weren't together. but when i stayed quiet- not because i wanted him to think there was anything going on between i and tom, but because i wanted to know why there was so much tension.

"but anyway, how have you been tommy?" zachory smirked at tom now. "tom. don't call me tommy." tom barked back. "you used to love that nickname in school what changed?" he was messing with tom, i could tell by the way zachory's eyes danced with amusement from tom's angry face. "i grew up, i'm not some kid anymore. unlike some people." tom scoffed back, his grip on me loosening. you were able to take a step away from tom. from the side i saw how deeply they did not like each other, and they went to school together. interesting. they just stood there, glaring at each other and the air was growing more and more straining. i let out a small cough, "i'm just going to get another coffee," your squeaked out. "no. we're leaving." tom quickly replied and looked at me. i got a wave of tingles and butterflies from his eyes landing on me. he reached down and linked our hands together. as i were being dragged out of the small shop zachory called out to me, "i'll be in contact with you to repay you for your coffee love!"

"fucking prick," tom grunted under his breath as soon as we were out of the shop but i heard. i looked down and saw our two hands still locked together and my cheeks flushed. i could tell he was super annoyed and angry but he was holding my hand so delicately. we were half way to the large house that i now shared with the mafia when tom stopped walking. he loosened his hand out of mine and stuck that hand into his pocket. "tom?" i spoke softly. he turned to me, the wind picking up his brown hair carefully. he had this stern look to his face that made me step closer to him.