Hangyul (3): Hesitate & Regret

Nahyun stood just outside the Music Building, waiting for her student excitedly.

Sihun messaged her earlier that he received an A- on his recent algebra exam. Most of those messages were of keyboard smashes and capitalized letters, it was obvious to the senior that he was more than satisfied with his results. Nahyun was happy that their two months worth of tutoring has paid off. For a job well done, she offered to treat him to anything he wanted after his class.

Just as the time reached three, Nahyun saw a wave of students swarm out the very building. Her eyes darted through the swarm of people, trying to find that familiar tuft of blond hair. Luckily, her find didn't take too long. In the distance, she spotted him trotting down the metal stairs. As she rose her arm to call out to Sihun, an abrupt force nearly made her topple backwards.

Nahyun turned her head to the reason of that and met the intense eyes of a redhead. She was expecting some apology from who she assumed was younger than her, but none had come out. "Excuse me, please don't block the way," she sneered with venom dripping from her voice. She tossed her long, luxurious locks over her shoulder and walked on without another word.

Nahyun was absolutely speechless. Who the hell was that girl and why did she react like something sharp was shoved up her ass? Nahyun's narrowed-eyed gaze followed after the redhead. The girl was joined with two others, who giggled amongst themselves as they stole glances at her. After their giggle fest, the three walked off down the pathway.

"Nahyun-sshi." Her focus drifted over to the lad that now joined her side. Sihun seemed surprised, as his own eyes were fixated on the same group of girls. "What happened?" He asked her.

"I got no clue. That bitch just randomly bumped into me and walked off like nothing," Nahyun replied. She knew she shouldn't be petty over something as dumb as this, since she was supposed to celebrate with him. She tried to exhale all the anger that was building within her. "Is she a classmate of yours, Sihun?"

The blond nodded. "That was Kim Doyeon. She's very known to being the prettiest in our year... or at least that was what I heard from others," Sihun explained, his brows knitted together. "I have her in a couple classes, algebra being one of them. I never really talked to her before."

"And the other two girls?"

"Choi Yena and Kang Hyewon, her lackeys." His once sour expression was replaced with a soft smile. He nudged Nahyun's side. "Don't mind it, Nahyun-sshi. Doyeon acts snooty because she knows a lot of guys are into her. Maybe she's just jealous of your own visuals."

Nahyun snorted with laughter at the ridiculous claim. "If you say so," she huffed. "But I swear if I see that brat again, I'll make her apologize for her shitty attitude." As she looked over at Sihun again, she realized her boiling anger had subsided. She shouldn't let those first years get the best of her. Perhaps Doyeon was having a bad day and it was her way of letting out steam. It would still be shitty but at least Nahyun could understand that. "Anyway, forget about it, I'm supposed to treat you for your amazing grades. Where do you want to go, Sihun-ah?"

"Heart's Cafe!" Sihun replied with a smirk.

The older lass stared at him, trying to figure out what that look on his face meant. She crossed her arms over her chest. "Heart's Cafe? You don't want to go to an actual restaurant?"

Sihun shook his head. "No, I'd be happy to just go to Heart's! Let's go!" The younger began to walk off, leading Nahyun to helplessly follow after him. She picked up her pace so she could walk side by side with him. She stared at him longer, a pout to her lips. There was something suspicious judging by that look. "What is it, Nahyun-sshi?"