TMA || 9

“So, he just left his card with you?” Rhonda asked.

“Yep!” I nodded as I moved around my drawing board.

“Wait, and this is your new credit card to keep?” she continued.

“Yep!” I nodded once more.

“And you do realize it’s a black card right?” she pointed out.

“Yep!” I replied absentmindedly.

“Girlie, would you focus on something else other than that drawing board for once!” she sighed.

“I’m sorry! It’s just that my mind is buzzing,” I admitted.

“That’s lovely and all, but you flew me down here to help you plan a wedding, and now you’re ignoring me. I feel very neglected,” she pouted.

“You’re such a drama queen, but I’ll stop for now nonetheless. What do you want to do now?” I asked.

“I want to shop until I drop dead,” she smirked.

“What kind of shopping exactly?” I narrowed my eyes.

“Well, you obviously need a new wardrobe, and I guess it wouldn’t hurt to throw in some wedding shopping here and there,” she smiled.

“You’re absolutely unbelievable,” I mumbled.

“You love me anyway! Now, go and dress up like the future Mrs Maestri while I call Lui over,” she shooed me out of the room.

“Your new best friend,” I sighed dramatically.

“And I’m the dramatic one?” she scoffed, rolling her eyes at me.

I laughed before heading to Raphael and I’s room to have a quick shower. This time, I chose to wear a tan dress with chocolate gladiator heels. I accessorized with gold and rustic jewellery before attending to my hair. I straightened it before tying it up into a tight ponytail. I packed everything I would need into a chocolate handbag before leaving the room.

I got downstairs to find Rhonda sitting with Luigi, Anita, Florencia and my grandmother. My grandmother was looking healthier by the day now that Raphael had put her in the care of some of the best cancer doctors out there. She was tired from the chemo, but the doctors said her cancer was responding well to it. Hopefully she makes a full recovery.

“Good morning,” I greeted everyone.

“Good morning child,” the three elder women greeted. It’s so weird how they all call me the same thing.

“Damn Rita! You are really out to put Raphael in jail,” Luigi whistled lowly.