TMA || 27

>>>ARETHA'S DRESS

"Has he still not called?" I popped my head out of my office.

"I would've told you if he had," Malia gave me a look.

"I know. I'm just worried," I sighed before going back into my office.

"If he were here, he would tell you not to worry so much, or at least not about him. Worry about today," she followed behind me.

"If he were answering his phone, I wouldn't be worried," I countered.

"I still think you need to focus on today and just trust that Ambrosi is just fine," she said before walking back out.

I could only huff in frustration as I tried my husband's phone once more. It went straight to voicemail, forcing me to leave yet another message. I'd last spoken to him when he'd demanded that I go to bed a little under twenty four hours ago, and given the dangers currently facing us, it's safe to say that I'm freaking out.

I feel as though I am justified to freak out, despite my best friends telling me to calm down. Rafe and I parted with some unresolved feelings, despite it looking otherwise. The little fight that we somehow managed to ignore, would forever be a problem if not confronted.

Despite what we said to each other, I'm still worried about him. He is after all my husband, and I do love him, troubles and dangers aside. His safety is a priority to me, and knowing that I couldn't reach him was not sitting well with me.

I looked over to the clock on my wall and found that it was seven in the morning. The gallery opening was at one in the afternoon, so I still had time. My husband had truly taken care of everything, and I was just in my office because the house is too empty.

With the girls and my husband gone, it feels like a warehouse more than a house. Yes, that's how big the house is. I only realized how lonely I am when I woke up to the empty house and the only sounds I could hear were the crickets outside.

I arrived at the Empire at four in the morning.

I just couldn't take the silence, so I left the house for the office. Malia was shocked to find me there, and was even more shocked to learn how I'd been there, especially for a Saturday. I've been working on whatever needs my attention since.

"He's fine you know?" Jonathan said from the door.

"What?" I looked up.

"Ambrosi; he's fine and you really need to stop worrying," he explained.

"So you've spoken to him already?" I asked.

"Well no, but he's a grown man," he replied.

"A grown man with a target on his back," I argued.

"Nothing anyone says is going to calm you down, is it?" he sighed.

"No, and I wish everyone could understand that. I need to hear him tell me that he's ok," I told him.

"Alright, I'll see if I can reach him," he offered.

"Thank you Jono. I can't reach his security team either," I added.

"Well that's strange," he scowled.

"Why on earth do you think I'm freaking out? If it were just a case of not being able to reach him, but his security team was available, then I wouldn't be stressing," I pointed out.

"That's awfully strange. I'll see what's going on and get back to you. You have to promise me that you wont stress though. It's not good for you Rita," he scolded.