TMA || 22

>>>ARETHA'S DRESS

I hate this.

As its probably public knowledge by now, I've never cared about people's feelings or emotions, but that was until I met my wife. Through her, I was able to open myself up to caring about, and letting in the important people in my life.

So you can imagine how frustrating it is when your always bubbly wife is suddenly off and wont tell you anything about it.It may only be two months since we've known each other, but I'm pretty confident that I know her well enough by now; or at least well enough to know that she's lying to me every time she tells me that she's fine.

Do you want to know what my biggest indicators were? One, she asked to drive herself to work- she's obviously avoiding having to encounter my badgering. Two, I stayed out late at work for no reason whatsoever for three nights, and she didn't even bat an eyelash. Three, she gives us all generic responses.

"Daddy, what's wrong with mummy?" the girls barged into my office. I looked up, not expecting them there before pushing my glasses up.

"What do you mean?" I feigned innocence.

"She's not herself," Calinda huffed, crossing her arms.

"She's under a lot of pressure with everything she's busy with," I invented.

"And you're also lying to a bunch of really smart kids," Caterina said, bemused.

I should've known that wouldn't work.

"Look, I'm as clueless as you are. This is new territory for all of us. We're all used to her being the happy one and now she isn't. I don't know what to do about it," I honestly admitted.

"Obviously! If you did, the problem would've been solved long ago," Caprice rolled her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me young lady," I warned.

"Sorry," she said sincerely.

"I can only promise you guys that I'll try and get it out of her one more time," I offered.

"How are you going to do that?" Camilla asked.

And so I told them.

I shared my big idea with them, and through their excitement, they shared some fantastic ideas as well, and we came up with the ultimate plan. We sat for a good hour strategizing and discussing how the whole thing would go down. We were really hoping it would go well.

"Who brought you here anyway?" I asked them as I walked them out.

"Uncle Joel," they replied just as the man of the hour was coming out of my wife's office. He had a scowl on his face and he shot Bianca a look before looking at the girls.

"Hey girls, please come and help me with something," Bianca told them. They agreed before she dragged them away.

"Ambrosi, what's wrong with Rita?" he asked me seriously.

"You're looking at me like I have something to do with it," I commented as I turned back into my office. He followed, closing the door behind him, before sitting before me.

"Well, do you?" he crossed his arms.

"As overwhelming as your faith in me is, I have nothing to do with her mood. She's been like this for six days now. We were fine until she went back to get something she'd forgotten in the restaurant as we were about to leave. She came back to the car looking as emotionless as she does now," I defended.

"So you really had nothing to do with this?" he asked.

"No Joel, I had nothing to do with it," I deadpanned.