TMA || 25

>>>ARETHA'S OUTFIT

Do you like this story? Please check out my other General Fiction/Chicklit/Romance stories House Call, The Bargain, King of Diamond, Convicted Passion and Defeating Rylie.

**********

"It started when we were around ten years old. Mariya was introduced to me by my parents when we were younger. Her family is wealthy, so of course they had paired us together from the get go, but I never really liked, let alone understood her. She was what most of us referred to as creepy, and it didn't get any better with age," Raoul started.

"Creepy?" Raphael chuckled. I smacked his arm (the uninjured one).

"Yes, creepy. I know it's not something you can easily imagine, but it is true nonetheless. Anyway, she was always very attached to me, something my brother warned me about. It wasn't until later when I found out that he was actually very jealous of her attachment to me because he was in love with her. He pleaded with me to make her see reason since he already knew of my dislike towards her, and I tried, but she wouldn't listen to me. I gave up when I met Anita. I had met the love of my life, and I didn't need any more unnecessary problems in my life," Raoul continued.

"So what went wrong?" my husband jumped in before the man could continue.

"Would you stop being a child and just listen?" I scowled at him.

"I am not a child," he huffed.

"The girls would disagree," I scoffed.

"The girls are bullies," he pouted.

"And you're not a child?" I raised an eyebrow, receiving a glare in return.

"Please, Raoul, do continue," I said to my father in law, who looked highly amused by the scene before him.

"My brother was killed on my one month anniversary with Anita. The police never found out how he died, or who killed him, but I did. Mariya confronted me and told me all about how she killed my brother, and how she was unfortunately pregnant with his child. She was too far along for an abortion, which is why she kept Marcia. I was going to report the crime, until she let me in on how she'd pinned my brother's death on my girlfriend. I asked what she was going on about, and that's when she further explained that she'd implicated Anita and that if the proof was ever to be released on my brother's death, it would all lead back to Anita. She's kept the proof all these years, and I know she's not bluffing because I saw it all. I've been her puppet since. I behave any way she wants me to, and I say whatever she wants me to," Raoul ended on a deep sigh.

"You did it to protect mum," Raphael whispered.

It was the first time he was acknowledging his parents as a unit, and not just his mother.

"I know she doesn't hate me, and that she wants to know why I left her, but Mariya threatened to release the evidence if I tell her. That is why you cannot tell her either. This needs to remain a secret. I need to keep the love of my life safe," Raoul pleaded.

"We wont say anything, but isn't there a way out of this?" I asked.

"I haven't thought of one. Every other plan of mine has failed," Raoul replied.

"Do you know where she's keeping the evidence?" my husband asked. Raoul stilled.

"What is it?" we both asked.

"The evidence is in the Hugo Corp building," he said the last thing we both needed to hear.

I watched as my husband's face first paled, before pure fury took over his features. I had never realized it before, but I think Raphael and Daniel's feud goes beyond business. At this thought, panic settled in me.