Chapter 19: Arguments Only Lead to Heartache

Disclaimer: The movie or any of the characters belong to Disney/Pixar, The story along with Camila, her family, and the others belong to me!

Enjoy!~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Héctor's POV:

It took me a moment to figure out what they meant before we all heard the competition host quiet down the audience and make an announcement.

"Damas y caballeros, I have an emergency announcement. Please be on the lookout for two living children, who answers to the names of Miguel Rivera and Camila Velez! Earlier tonight, they ran away from their families. They just want to send them back to the Land of the Living!" She announced loudly to the audience, we heard murmurs of concern rumble through the audience.

"...If anyone has information, please contact the authorities."

My eyes widened, realizing that Imelda, María and the others had caught up to us. This was really messing up our plan, but getting caught by my wife and my sister would surely would mess it up in an entirely different way, we needed to get moving.

"C'mon kids, this way!" I said, catching up to the children and gestured all of them to follow me, and making sure that the creatures caught up as well. I guided them towards the smaller street alleys we could sneak through.

We couldn't get another step in before Pepita landed right before us with Imelda on her back, letting out a powerful roar that shook my bones. All of the children yelled and jerked back. The dead children all ran to find a place to hide, but Miguel had his hands flying out of his pockets and pulling the pictures out with them, the wedding photo came flying out at the harsh movement while the corner of the family photo peeked out of Miguel's pocket. I rushed to get the wedding photo without a second thought as it began fluttering down a set of stairs. I knew I shouldn't leave Miguel or Camila's sides like that but, I also knew that Imelda wouldn't do anything to hurt the kids.

Camila's POV:

"This nonsense ends now Miguel!" Tía Imelda yelled from the back of what was positively the largest and most terrifying alebrije that I had ever seen! "I am giving you my blessing and you are going home! As for Camila, she is going to get María's blessing and she is going back where she belongs!"

I suddenly felt a burn of anger at the back of my neck. 'A life without seeing Miguel again? I don't want that! I had mi Tío Héctor, or any of my cousin's blessings!'

"I don't want your blessing!" Miguel yelled out, trying to run and he grabbed my hand and I ran with him. "And I don't want Mamá María's blessing either!" I said back at her.

But when I did the alebrije was right on us, it was about scoop Miguel up in their talons as we're running. I let go of Miguel's hand and pushed him out of the way, and the alebrije grabbed me instead! I screamed as I was being lifted off of the ground and away from my cousins, away from Tío Héctor and the photo he went after, and away from Miguel, Dante and Hermosa who were either yelling my name, barking worriedly, or hissing loudly after me from the ground before I could no longer see them anymore.

"¡Para! ¡Suéltame!" I yelled, unsure if mi Tía could actually hear me from the wind whipping past us. I squirmed in the alebrije's talons trying to get out, but they held on tight. I looked around trying to find something to grab onto, just ahead was a string of lights! 'I hope it would be enough to pull me loose!' I prayed softly as I quickly grabbed the lights and felt myself be jerked in opposite directions. The lights snapped from the pressure and flickered out, but I was free from the alebrije's grip and I swung down to the ground on the lights, stumbling as I landed and quickly running again towards a nearby alleyway that was too small for the alebrije to follow.