Chapter 17: Adíos Chicharrón

Hola Chicos!!

I hope you are having a good day! I won't pass much of your time!

Disclaimer: (You all know the drill. Coco Characters = Disney/Pixar, Camila and family members, along with Story plot = Me!)

Please enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV:

This was amounting to be a long and surprisingly emotional night for Héctor. Even if it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be when the buzzer first sounded, he still felt like he needed a drink. Luckily for him there was one waiting just a couple steps away.

He bounced up to the bottle, scooping it up and greeting Tía Chelo and the others not too far up ahead. They excitedly greeted him back and thanked him as he handed over the bottle and grabbed a couple of shot glasses from atop the crate. They messily filled their own glasses before filling his.

"Is Chicharrón around?" He asked, already knowing the answer, Chicharrón hadn't left his home much in the past couple of months.

"Eh, in the bungalow," Tía Chelo answered, waving over to it and looking back at her cards, "I don't know if he's in the mood for visitors!"

"Ay, who doesn't like a visit from Cousin Héctor!" He said, jerking open the door and wincing as it slammed it all the way open into the wall behind it. Hopefully Cheech wouldn't be too angry at him.

He headed inside as the children followed after with the colorful creatures along with la serpiente y el perro that had been keeping close to the two living kids since they came here. He slipped around the piles of stuff with practiced ease and walked up to the hamaca llena de baratijas he knew Chicharrón was in. He plucked the worn out straw hat from the top of the hammock to reveal an unamused face.

"Buenas noches, Chicharrón," Héctor greeted with a bright smile.

"You're early, I'm supposed to have a least one more hour of blissful silence before I have to see your stupid face again and listen to you prattle on about your great, great grandchildren all night." Chicharrón responded, a bit playfully yes, but also grumpier than Héctor was expecting.

"C'mon, it's Dia de Muertos! I brought you a little offering!" He said, holding up the shot glass.

"Get out of here!" Cheech said harshly and bluntly and turned away from him. It bothered Héctor, Chicharrón was pretty okay with him coming around now that he stopped borrowing stuff. And when Héctor would come back for the night on the previous Día de Muertos he would just sit back and listen as Héctor blabbered on about the visits. Something was off.

"I will, I will, but first, I need you to tell me where my guitar is." Héctor said, ignoring the niggling in his head for now. "I know I left it here but it's impossible to find anything in this place."

"You know there's a system, Héctor." Chicharrón insisted with a frown. "And besides, why should I give it back to you? There's plenty of my things that you "prestado" and never gave back."

"Cheee-eeech!" The uncle said, drawing out the nickname.

"Like the time I let you use my mini fridge? good napkins? My lasso? My van? Even my femur?!" The amigo of Héctor listed and lifted his leg to show where his femur should be and instead has a pipe to hold his leg together.

The whole room was silent... That is until they heard a loud snort and a burst of guffawing coming from one of the children..

And that child, was Camila!