Counselor: Season 1, Episode 1

Counselor

Season 1:

Episode 1: Wizard City

Scene 1:

(Scene opens with a blue and black butterfly flying overhead above a neighborhood in Los Angeles. The butterfly flutters its wings up and down as the camera pans past it and over the city. Camera zooms in to a neighborhood where two police officers are running down the street, out of breath and confused. The two stop.)

Officer 1:(panting) Where is she?

Officer 2: No idea.

Officer 1: I swear I saw her turn this corner. We gotta keep looking. People don't just disappear!

Officer 2: Let's just give up, man. We've been looking for this girl for weeks and we don't even know what she looks like.

Officer 1: What are you talking about? We have to catch her! This is the third building she's spray-painted this week!"

Officer 2: So what? It's not like she killed somebody. We've been chasing her for half an hour. I'm going back. (Officer 2 turns around and starts walking back)

Officer 1: What're we gonna tell the shopowner?

Officer 2: (Shrugs) Don't know and don't care. I'm done.

Officer 1: (Sighs) Okay, fine. She's probably long gone by now, anyway.

(Officers 1 and 2 turn around and exit)

(Camera cuts to Rosie hiding behind the fence of a random backyard just a few feet from where Officers 1 and 2 were talking. Rosie is a short girl, about 5'2, with long black hair. She's half Chinese, half white and is currently wearing a black hoodie and black sweatpants.)

Rosie: (trying to hold back laughter) That was awesome. I can't believe this actually worked.

(The butterfly from the beginning of the episode flys down next to Rosie and as Rosie notices its presence, she stretches out a finger for it to land on.)

Rosie: Hey little guy. What're you doing around here? (giggles and releases the butterfly before standing up)

Rosie: Alright, now that that's done with...time to head home.

Scene 2:

(Elise, Rosie's older sister and legal guardian is sitting alone at the dinner table at their home with a white envelope. Rosie enters trying to be subtle and act like she wasn't just about to be arrested.)

Elise: Where have you been?

Rosie: Uh...School.

Elise: As if I'm gonna buy that. Do you know what this is? (Lifts up envelope in front of her for Rosie to see)

Rosie: That's an envelope.

Elise: (facepalming) I know that you goose. This is your report card! It's literally all F's! Sit-down!

Rosie: (Sits down Reluctantly)

Elise: Math...F. Social Studies...F. Science...F. English...C+.

Rosie: (Happily/Confused) Really?

Elise: Of course not, it's an F!

Rosie: That makes more sense.

Elise: Rosie look at this! You managed to get an F in gym! How do you even do that? Literally all you have to do is not stay still! Which, considering how you're never within my field of vision for more than five seconds, I thought would be easy for you! (sighs and notices the backpack) What's in there? (points to backpack)