Counselor: Season 1, Episode 5

Episode 5: Doug Chan

Scene 1:

(Scene opens with Rosie in the SEMS cafeteria, having lunch by herself at an empty table as Matt and Doug approach her table.)

Matt: (sitting down at Rosie's table) Afternoon, beautiful. (rests chin in his hands)

Rosie: (sarcastically) Really?

Matt: (chuckles) Yeah, really. You lonely?

Rosie: Since I hate people...no. No, I'm not.

Matt: Don't be like that. You know you can always sit with Doug and me if you wanted to right?

Doug: (sitting down) Yeah dude, mi table es tu table.

Rosie: Thanks for the offer but I'm happy right where I am. (stretches)

Doug: Well...if you change your mind...(raises his eyebrow)...uh...whachu eating dude?

Rosie: Oh this? Just some leftover meatloaf from last night. It's like the only thing my dad can make.

Matt: Um...why's it red?

Rosie: I covered it in hot sauce. (points at bottle of hot sauce next to her) I'm a fan of the spicy stuff.

Matt: (smiles) That's pretty...hot.

Rosie: I'm about to shove this down your throat. (lifts up bottle)

Doug: Uh...Matt?

Matt: Right right. Sorry, got distracted. Listen...we got a job.

Rosie: A job? Like for the club?

Matt: Yeah.

Rosie: Okay, just file it away with the rest. Who's the kid?

Doug: Me.

Rosie: You?

Doug: Yeah...me.

Rosie: Oh

Rosie: Oh...well, okay Doug. Sorry but we got another case we have to get to today, so you'll have to wait a while.

Matt: No we don't. I found that kid's phone and gave it to him this morning. We're all free today.

Rosie: Hmm...I mean...alright. What's up?

Doug: (pauses to think for a moment)

Rosie: Doug?

Doug: I know. I know. I'm just trying to think of how to put this.

Rosie: Just spit it out.

Doug: (sighs) Look, this is really important to me and I wouldn't be asking for help if it weren't. I need to ask though...are you comfortable doing something kinda...dangerous?

Rosie: (laughs) Dangerous? Doug, I've fought sea monsters, survived a death tournament and made some loser with a chess obsession cry, I think I can handle whatever you got coming.