From England With Love x Part 4 -Hetalia- England x reader-

From England with love part 4

12+

Contains language and ideologically sensitive material that some people may find a

Offensive!

You have been warned!

Arthurs POV

We were finally together. The nightmare was over. She was standing there, just out of the shadows looking at me with panicked eyes; she was wearing her favourite white night dress, only it was stained in her blood. Her eyes were dull and she looked tired. I began to run towards her, calling out her name, but just as I did, a hand came out of the shadows covering her mouth, another arm shot from the darkness and wrapped around her waist. She didn't protest but just remained silent staring at me, her eyes screaming out to me. I started running to her once more, but the hands pulled her into the darkness and I could then hear her screams surround me.

Bolting out of bed, I gasped yelling out her name. Sweat was dripping down my face and body. It was that dream again.

"Arthur? Did you have that dream again?" asked a dazed Alfred sitting up next to me wiping his eyes.

Slightly choking I nodded.

"You know it's not true. She's safe in Salzburg. It's just a dream."

" I shouldn't have left her there." I whispered wiping my soaked bangs.

that was the nightmare and the fact I shouldn't have left her there haunts me since I made such a decision.

I got out of bed and, while tip-toeing past the snoozing Heracles and Matthew, stepped through the empty threshold onto the balcony. The night was cold and I felt over heated, my body ached from all of the fighting that had gone on for the past two months, this was the first break from the front line we had since this war started. I was covered in scars, ****** would know what to do, she would fix them. Since I left I couldn't stop thinking about her, standing at the bridge waving me goodbye, I missed her like hell and needed to bloody return to her.

I probably wouldn't get back to sleep next to Alfred but I had to try, sleep was now alien to me. Speaking of alien, Tony died the other day after stepping on a landmine. Alfred was mortified and wouldn't stop crying for hours. Were things ever going to get better? There was news that Taiwan and Korea gave into Chinas pressure and joined him. They will attack Japan, but Germany remained strong alongside him despite the fact that Austria will be the first crushed country opposing Russia If things continue. Give it a week and both countries will either join Ivan or get crushed by him. There was no way any of us could keep this up for much longer. Each country was giving in to Ivan's pressure, we all were in trouble and the thought of the world sinking one national status seemed likely. Darkness was creeping over the land consuming all and any hope we had. I knew that I would be second to last to go, the good people of England were safe for now but I knew Ivan had 'Special plans' for the allied nations. ******* was right. We, the allies, had no say in the matter. We said no from the start, so we automatically formed the opposing team. The other countries would defend too, but we all, in truth, were scared. Things would just be so much easier to deal with if ****** was here.

Instead of finding my shirt and going for my usual midnight walk, I just stayed on top of the covers next to a dozing Alfred. This war had brought out two sides of Alfred: his aggressive, war mongering, ruthless side and his innocent, frightened side. I had for so long learnt to hate- no, not hate, dislike him but recently I have seen him in a different light. A light that still needed his big brother to help him through this fight. I didn't care much for his kicking and snoring as he slept but I would often wake up thinking that he was ******. She would always cuddle up to me and I would go to sleep with her in my arms feeling whole. I didn't want her to see this war but I knew that she, although very sweet, didn't take shit form anyone. Although, even though it was so very long ago, Ivan's words stuck to my brain like glue. I laid there listening to everyone else's breathing waiting to sleep.