From England With Love x Part 1 -Hetalia- England x reader -

From England with love x

PART 1

The sun shined down on the bridge as the afternoon swept Salzburg. There wasn't a sound to be heard but the gushing river below. You and Arthur were standing facing each other saying your final goodbyes. Arthur looked down on you his emerald green eyes dull and glazed. It was killing him to say goodbye.

"Don't worry, I won't be gone longer than 4 weeks, America needs back up with china since they teamed up with Russia and Spain. We are going to need every bit of help we can get. Salzburg is the safest place possible for you."

"I understand, the world is split in two. It's sad that the allies have split, just promise me two things? Don't get hurt and write everyday! Ok?"

"Every day."

He sighed taking your hand his leathery one.

"I'm going to miss you so much, it's been a wonderful 3 months, I knew it wasn't to last..."

You squeezed his hand and he raised it to kiss it.

"This is not the end, I will see you soon."

Arthur smiled brushing back one of your bangs behind your ear. He gently kissed you. As he kissed you he mashed together his eyebrows and closed his eyes, holding you close for the last time. You put your arms around him feeling the collar of his uniform and feeling his soft blond hair. Breaking away he gave you a final kiss on the cheek.

"Until then..."

He turned to walk across the bridge, the sun following him. You were stood there in a light blue dress that draped to your ankles. The wind blew in protest as you watched him pass the bridge, just before he turned the corner, you called to him

"I love you!"

He turned around and blew a kiss back.

As he turned the corner the sun almost disappeared from the sky on cue, things felt much colder. When he was totally gone from sight you turned and walked across the bridge, heading back to the hotel in that short walk it began to rain, you had a lot planned over the next few weeks, you had propaganda to send off, you were in the mist of writing a story, you were going to stay at Mr Austria's house with miss hungry and Ukraine for the night and you had a new cottage to prepare for Arthurs return. The rain never bothered you as it cooled mind. Once you had returned to the hotel you checked in with the owners husband of the hotel, he was a big man with a happy drift.

"Hallo, ******"

Looking around at him you replied:

"Good afternoon"

"Where is Mr. Kirkland?"

Ouch, he just had to bring it up.

"He left for America this afternoon. Won't be back for a while...."

"Ah..."

Choosing not to continue the conversation you smiled weakly and headed up stairs.

The room, since he had packed was empty, one side of the bed was perfectly made, the open wardrobe, empty. You lied on his side of the bed waiting to dry from the rain. You had lived alone for a while but after meeting Arthur everything had changed, you remembered the day you met at the allies' quarters. Almost a year ago, you were 18 at the time.

**

"Ah! Welcome! Russia! England! China! France! Today I have amazing news!"

"You've gone off hamburgers..." said Arthur stirring his tea.