Soul Snatching: Chapter 6!

I really like this chapter :DD

Please vote its only one click :p

-------------------------

The Day Before the Soul Snatching

Tears were streaming down her face as I gave Jess a big bear hug. We stood in front of our school as we hugged each other. This might be the last time I ever went to school again. I still hadn’t cried yet; for some reason the tears just wouldn’t come. I looked at my best friend as she shamefully wiped her tears away. I was going to miss her so much.

“Only you would wear training clothes on the one day you can wear whatever you want,” she said with a small pitiful smile forming on her face.

I remembered how in the morning I had jeans and a t-shirt set up to wear today, but I just couldn’t waste a day to train.

“Hey at least I changed the color to brown so people still know that I’ll be leaving tomorrow.”

She shook her head.

We entered the school and I heard a few whispers as I walked to my next class.

“Is that the girl with the lifeless eyes?” one girl asked her friend, though she whispered too loudly.

“I heard her soul will be split four ways!”

“That hasn’t happened in decades,” her friend reasoned. As they both looked up to see me staring at them, they blushed, ashamed that I had heard their conversation. I couldn’t help but feel a sense of dread in my stomach. I had no idea how I could deal with killing three other people who were probably just as determined as I was to get the pieces of their soul back.

***

In second period, Paul came up to me again. Normally I would have been surprised, but this past week he has been talking to me more then he has the entire 15 years I have known him.

“I see you're still in training clothes.” He gestured at my outfit. I took the opportunity to see that he was wearing baggy pants and a baseball cap. He looked ridiculously cute. I shrugged in response to his question. Why do I always get so tongue tied whenever I’m around him?

He cleared his throat. “I-I wish you luck tomorrow.” That was so sweet of him to say that to me. My heart was starting to beat faster and faster with each passing second.

“I’m sure you’ll win your Soul Snatching.” My voice was filled with sincerity. I really did think he would win. He has an amazing talent for traps and not to mention he's really smart.

“Thanks Tara is means a lot coming from you.” My heart fluttered. “Coming from you?" What does that even mean?, I thought. Before I knew it, he was hugging me and my nose was filled with his musky scent.

I have to win my Soul Snatching just so I can be with Paul again. I finally had something to fight for. I had my parents and my two friends, but being with Paul was different. He truly gave me a reason to fight for my life.

***

The Day of the Soul Snatching

When I woke up in the morning, I glanced at my clock. “10:30 a.m” it read in bold red numbers. I have never slept that late in my life. I was surprised I slept at all considering I was about to go off Soul Snatching. I felt a knot in my stomach as the thought that I might die came to mind.

My mom looked at me cheery-eyed with a skillet filled with bacon and eggs. This whole week she has been nice and caring to me, thinking she could make up for 15 years of neglect. I couldn’t remain angry at her with the smell of bacon wafting towards me. I quickly gobbled it down.

“So, uh what’s your plan?”

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. My mom wouldn’t understand anything about Soul Snatching. She never went through it herself due to the fact that the person whose soul was split with hers died before his/her Soul Snatching.

“Outlast everyone else,” I replied simply as I continued munching on my bacon.

The rest of the day went on with my mom telling me how much she loved me and how I will do amazing in my Soul Snatching. She gave Sean this same speech before he died. Finally, school was out and Jess came over.

We both talked about what we would do after I came back. I told her how I would try to be back before she went off on her Soul Snatching which would be in about two weeks. I still hadn’t cried this whole day. I don’t even think I’m capable of crying anymore. I wished my dad was there to wish me luck. I missed him terribly. He died a long time ago in a car accident. I don’t remember him very well because I was only 8 when he died. I still wish I had some sort of a father figure though.

I glanced up at the clock. 6:30 p.m. One more hour and I might never see my friends and family again. One more hour and my whole life would change.

Jess and I tried to train a little, but my heart wasn’t in it. I was too busy worrying, so instead we just talked. My mom tried to get me to eat, but I had no appetite. Jess looked at the clock nervously. It was 7:10. I felt my heart beat faster and faster. I didn’t know if I could take it anymore.

“I doubt your soul is split into four, Tara; that hasn’t happened in years.” It sounded like she was reassuring herself instead of me. I just nodded my head.

She went on, “You have been training your whole life. You're one of the hardest workers I know. You can take on anyone.”

I felt nauseated. This was pure torture! Nothing anyone could say would make me feel better at this point. I just sat there staring silently at the wall. A few minutes later, my mom came in and put a reassuring hand on my shoulder; I barely resisted the urge to shrug it off.

“I love you guys,” I said. None of them said anything in response.

“I’ll miss you guys.” I felt like I was talking to the wall. My mom gripped me tighter and cried onto my shoulder.

“I love you too.” She replied in between sobs.

7:30.

Tick tock.

7:31

Has our clock always been this slow?

7:32

Tick tock.

Was that sound always that annoying?

7:33

This is the longest minute of my life.

7:34

Maybe they forgot about m…

I heard a knock on the door. We all jumped and without being invited, the Announcer came in. Everything happened in a blink of an eye.

“Are you Tara Brookes?”

“Ye…” he cut me off while he scanned my eye. He gave me a look filled with pity.

“Your soul is split into five parts.” As he said this, a long needle jabbed into my arm. I’m pretty sure I heard gasps from behind me.

“Your soul is split with Thorg Lem, Liana Peters, Hunter, and Paul White.

The last thought in my head was, did he just say the name of the guy I've crushed on since the beginning of time? Paul White!

The needle finally did its job as I blacked out.

---

Now this is the kind of soul mate you don’t want!

I really like this chapter! I finally feel like the story is picking up. I can’t wait to hear your reactions! Oh and did anyone figure out the whole Paul thing before hand? Please

Comment

Vote

And

FAN!!