Soul Snatching: Chapter 14!

Recap:

I glanced down at a green plant. At first I thought it was completely green, but then I noticed the almost invisible red dots on its leaves indicated that it was poisonous. If you eat even a small portion of that plant you will die within a few minutes.

Ironically, the plant next to it was completely green with heart shaped leaves. This plant was used to stop the pain of any injury. If you swallow it, any pain that you might be feeling will stop within a few hours.

My gaze shifted between the two plants. Why shouldn’t I give him the poisonous one? He would never know the difference; it was obvious he knew nothing about the different plants that were scattered across this forest. How would it feel though, to kill someone through dishonesty? He had stuck to his part of the deal, he had let me go, but what if he didn’t let me live after I gave him the plant that he needs. My mind was torn, what would Sean do?

“So are any of these plants going to help me?” I looked up at him and quickly grabbed one of the plants, I had made up my mind.

“If you eat this,” I gestured to the plant that lay across the palm of my hand, “all the pain will go away.”

---

Night Guard’s POV

I took a look at her. Her green eyes revealed nothing about the contents of the plant. If I was her I would have given myself some kind of poisonous plant, but would she do the same? She really didn’t seem like much of a killer, though her stone cold expression said otherwise.

“What part of it do I eat?”

She liked her lips, looking slightly nervous, “The leaves.”

I nodded my head slowly. I raised my hand and plucked the leaves out of the plant. I let the stem slowly fall to the floor. I did not fear for my life, for I had a foolproof plan. For her sake I hopped that she hadn’t given me a killer plant, even though that would be a smart move strategically. I truly didn’t want to see her die, I liked her, she was very feisty and stubborn. The funny thing is if the circumstances were different, we might have even been friends. I sighed at the thought, I have never really had a friend

I picked up one leaf and instead of putting it into my mouth, I offered it to her.

“You really didn’t think I was going to eat this first, did you?” I smirked, I had a feeling she didn’t think that I would make her try it first. She looked up into my eyes and picked up the leaf. For a few moments she seemed to have an internal battle with herself. She slowly raised the leaf to her mouth. A second later she regretted that decision and let the leaf swiftly fall to the floor, her eyes never leaving mine.

“And to think I was going to let you go.” Truthfully, I wasn’t going to let her go. As soon as she gave me the plant I was going to kill her. I had actually planned to do it in her sleep so that she wouldn’t make any noise. It still hurt to know that she actually had the nerve to kill me, but in a strange way it also made me like her more. Why am I having such conflicting feelings?

She smirked at me. I take it she didn’t believe my lie either. I sighed, killing her while she is alive will be difficult. I was happy to know that her dagger was out of her reach. I reached down to pick it up from my belt so that I could use it to kill her. How ironic would it be if she died from the tip of her own blade?

“Don’t…” Before I could even finish that sentence, a puff of air was in her place. I was going to tell her not to try to run, but I guess she was one step ahead of me. Did she honestly think she could get away from me? I am known for my amazingly fast speed, she is only prolonging the amount of time she has to live by a few minutes.