Soul Snatching

This is my first story....any comments and critiques are welcome :))

*This is the first chapter of a book i have ever written. I promise you, as the story goes on it gets more and more interesting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if you weren't a complete person.....

What if you were only a part of a whole.....

What if your soul was split up....

What would you do to get it back?

-----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the noise of my mother shrieking, "Get out of bed, Tara, you are going to be late for school!"

You would think that after years of me never getting up on time she'd get used to it, but still my morning grogginess seemed to baffle her. I slipped on my uniform of black pants and a black shirt, both which hugged every non-existent curve on my body. I did the things I did every morning, I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, and grabbed a protein bar. I headed out the door hurriedly screaming bye out the door.

I was lucky that the Speed Bus was late today and managed to climb on in the nick of time. My usual driver grimaced at me, but I smiled, just to annoy him. I headed to my usual place at the back of the bus with my friend, Jess. She smiled at me with her typical cheery look and pointed to her hair.

"New highlights, I like." I smiled as I said it. She highlighted the ends of her hair a very flamboyant pink. I thought it contrasted well with her dark raven black hair.

"Thanks Tara, my mom threw a fit when she saw it," she responded gloomily, her mom is very overprotective, unlike mine who doesn't care what I do. The bus arrived at the school right when I said that, it takes about a minute to get to school, but only because the bus travels a decent 200 mph. When I got to my first period class, Defense 109, there were already 100's of students lined up waiting for instruction, my short fiery red-headed teacher talked with a booming voice.

"ARE YOU READY TO LEARN?"

"YES MA'AM," we all replied back as usual.

"ARE YOU READY TO SURVIVE?"

"YES MA'AM,"

"Good then there shouldn't be any problems with each other. Now, I want everyone to pair up..."

Her sentence got caught off because of the morning announcement.

"Hello students, it's Principal Cain here to let you know all of our students who are out Soul Snatching. Jeremy Rinders, Joey Sanchez, ......."

His voice droned on and on. Occasionally, someone would gasp or cry, but no one ever, EVER cheered. Not even your worst enemy would wish you to be out Soul Snatching.

I focused extra hard in all of my classes; Defense 109, Survival 1.4, Advanced Weapons, Edible Plants, Combat Training, and History. The only reason being was because I would be turning the dreaded 16 soon, too soon. Every bruise on my body was worth it if it gets me past my 16 birthday.

Finally, lunch came and I sat next to Jess. She was talking animatedly with our other friend, Casey. The both eventually finished the conversation they were having and turned to me.

"Tara, I have horrible news!" Jess said.

"What?" I responded uninterested.

"It's Paul's 16 birthday in a week."

"I know that," The reason I knew that was because; he has been my crush for as long as I can remember, and two his birthday is on exactly the same day as mine.

"Doesn't it bother you?"

I shrugged in response. Paul was absolutely gorgeous, he had an amazing body and he was a really nice guy too. Pretty much every girl in school had a crush on him. He would never pay attention to someone as plain and unfeminine as me. My body was muscular and built like a boys, which made me extremely unattractive. Hopefully all my vigorous training will be worth it during the Soul Snatching.

-----------------------

What are your thoughts? Should I continue?