Chapter 4 - Khione - Zayn

The rest of the ride was in silence, more of a thoughtful silence though, instead of the awkward one we were in earlier.

We arrived at the private funeral, the one that was just for family and friends. No celebrities or fans were invited, there was going to be a second funeral with everyone else. But all of the five caskets were there, radiating something nearly incomprehendible.

Something lit in me when I saw them in those caskets. I couldn't bear the thought of never seeing their faces again, hearing their jokes, seeing Harry making comments about older women and Larry Stylinson, Louis making people laugh and confessing his love for Eleanor, Niall's love for food and his laugh that would make you laugh even if something wasn't funny, Liam who tried so hard to be cool and loved to give that 'serious look' to all the girls. The way Liam and Dani would flirt efforlessly, even if no one else was around. The way El and Dani would make fun of us even if we were all standing right there. I would never see any of that again. Never see their laugh, eventually the fans would move on, people would forget about One Direction, the popular boy band that died. Our record sails were skyrocketing, we had so many people buying everything One Direction now I knew we had made history. I saw girls on the street wearing "RIP 1D" shirts that made me sick. Just because they died doesn't mean you get to make shirts about it.

I guess I'm still alive though. As we walked out of the car, paparazi was flashing lights at us and screaming questions.

"Zayn, how do you feel after your best friends death?" One asked. How do you think I feel, idiot? I wanted to shout out, but I kept my mouth shut.

I looked over at Eleanor.

"Guess we have to get it over with. Wanna hit two birds with one stone?" I asked. We had both been keeping under the radar lately, not talking to the paps and pretending we didn't exist. She understood what I meant and nodded.

We walked over to one side of the paparazzi.

"Zayn, how long have you and Eleanor been dating?" One of the reporters asked.

"WHAT?" I asked, and he chose to repeat the question.

"How long have you and Eleanor been dating?" He asked slowly.

"We are not dating. How could you think we were dating?" I shot back, annoyed.

"Zayn, that's enough. We are not dating, any other questions?" Eleanor asked.

"Eleanor, is Zayn a good kisser?" I wanted to roll my eyes but I ignored the question, and Eleanor looked like she was about to shoot the woman who asked her that.

"Zayn, how do you feel your fans are taking the death of the other band members?" One asked, a question that I could actually answer from the never ending bullets flying out of the reporters mouths. I was going to be swiss cheese if I didn't get out of here soon.

"I imagine the fans are taking it rather hard, I'm so sorry for the fans and I send a lot of love out to those who are grieving for the boys as well." I answered as I light flashed right in my eyes and momentarily blinded me. I backed away and so did El. This was going into the newspapers.

I heard one last question yelled at us before we walked away.

"Eleanor, how do you feel knowing that Louis is gone right before he was going to propose to you?"

I hoped to God that she hadn't heard that, but the look on her face as we walked past the security gaurds proved that she had.

______ Eleanor

Louis was going to propose to me?

Louis was going to propose to me? The questions shot through my mind.