Chapter 19 - Kiss Me - Zayn

TDODD Chapter 19 – Zayn

“You can’t ask that from me…” She said, looking frightened into my eyes. She was right, she was with Lou for years, and then he died. I had no right to put her on the spot, even though jealousy was still coursing inevitably through my body. So I just nodded and stood up.

I lifted her arm up gently and her body followed, and I helped her into the kitchen where I set her down on the counter.

“What are you doing?” She asked, looking at me wearily.

“Fixing you up.” I replied.

Her voice was laced with humor. “Oh help me Mr. Doctor, I’m afraid I won’t live.” She giggled slightly and I smiled.

I made my voice go deep as I replied, “You’ll be fine miss, just stay calm.”

She laughed. “Oh but you’re so hot, and your butt is so nice, I think I might faint!” It was my turn to laugh this time, a good hearty laugh that made my lungs gasp for air as I was trying to reach for Neosporin. I wiggled my bum and turned around and winked at her, and she pretended to faint.

I turned back around with the bandage, trying to stifle my laugh while she was rolling around on the countertop, trying not to laugh with her sleeve in her mouth and little giggling squeaks coming out of her. Maybe it was from all the crying, or the mishmash of emotions swirling around in my chest, but seeing her like that made me lose every ounce of dignity I had, as I collapsed onto the tile ground and began laughing so hard my hands fell to my stomach and I couldn’t breathe, my lungs were rattling in my chest and I laughed so long no sound came out, so I was just laying there clapping, unable to say a thing, clapping like a retarded dolphin. When I finally calmed down enough to stand up, still stifling my laughter, Eleanor was looking up at me, her cheeks and nose red, and with eyes that were looking at me with humor.

I reached down to where I had dropped the medicines, and began to unwrap the towel from her arm. I had a brief moment of curiosity about what I would do if there were no cuts, as if it never happened. But as I unwrapped the bandage, the little slits of blood were still evident and the humor that was left in the room died out. I circled her arm in the fresh nude color bandage, and avoided her eyes. I knew that it wasn’t the time to be thinking about kissing her, but it was all I could do not to lean in as I could smell her perfume, and my face being so close to hers. I could hear her deep breaths and smell her sweet breath, and I knew that if I looked into her eyes I wouldn’t be able to help myself.

“Zayn?” She said after I was done, her breath heavy.

“Yes?” I asked, looking up into her soft brown eyes, trying so hard to think of something other than the beautiful girl inches away from me.

“Kiss me.” She breathed. So I did.

I backed away and looked her in the eye.

“We need to know what happened to Louis.” I said, and she looked down.

“I know.” She said.

I began to walk away, back into her room as I picked my phone up from the bed.

35 missed calls.
71 new text messages.
13 new voicemails.

I put my phone on speaker as I clicked the first voicemail.

I heard the door open and Eleanor walked in as it began playing.

“Zayn. I saw what was on the tele. It’s not true, don’t believe anything you hear, I don’t know where they got that information from. Call me.” It was Simon.

I clicked the next one, from my mother.

“Zayn!” She sounded like she was crying. “Is Louis alive?! Are you okay? Call me, your sisters and I are so worried about you.”

I clicked on the next one. Simon again.

“Zayn. There are chances that it might be true. Apparently someone from Latin America, somewhere near Cuba, called in and said that they had found Louis Tomlinson a few weeks ago in a hospital. Nothing has been confirmed yet of course, there is a possibility, but don’t get your hopes up. It’s most likely a fraud.”

I deleted all the other messages. A few from management and many more from my mother. I skimmed through the texts and they all had to do with various people asking or telling me about Louis.

“So Louis might be alive?” Eleanor sounded hopeful.

“I guess so.” I didn’t know what to feel.

“I… Um… Do you want to go watch TV?”

I laughed. “After all that’s going on, you want to sit down and watch tele?”

“Well… What are we supposed to do? It’s not like there’s anything to do but sit and worry, and I’m not going to eat with Josh. So I would like to sit and worry while watching tele.”

“You amaze me sometimes.” She grinned and motioned me into the living room.

So we sat down and watched the tele.

After a while I spoke up.

“I should probably check that bandage; see how much bleeding there is.”

“Okay.” El held out her arm.

I began unwrapping the bandage, and saw a bit of blood, but not as much as I expected. I finally had all of the paper off her arm.

But there were no cuts.

___________________________

Not so sad of a chapter this time? Maybe? I tried to make it funny... Not quite sure how well I did with that though. :/ 

By the way, do yall still remember that the best comment gets a dedication?!!
Last chapter has over 100 comments, which is AMAZING, but they were all like super short, and I wasn't sure who to give a dedication to... SO, if you wanna go back to the last chapter and leave a BIG comment, and an awesome one, (I LOVE THE FUNNY ONES) and the ones that are real, about how you have stopped suicide or cutting or your experience with it, that would be great. I'm trying to make a stand, and I need your help. 

If you leave a comment about how you have helped someone else, or other people to stop cutting, then you are very likely to win a dedication, on any chapter. 

ALSO, I need a new cover for this, I love @LuceNEVERTRSUTADUCK for making this one, but its getting old and I dont care much for it anymore. SO, here's my offer, since I really don't have time to make a cover, nor do I really know how to make them. 

If you make me a cover and send me the link, or private message me saying that you have made me a cover and need to email it to me, I will give you my email. IF you make a cover, the best one gets a dedication and a follow, and if you make me one then I will read ONE of your stories, poems, whatever, and give you advice. 

This offer only lasts until... wednesday 4/24/13. After that, I'm picking the one that I like best and it closes down until I need a new cover again...

SO. I LOVE YOU GUYS SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

Thank you for reading!!!

*Special thanks to Antony for unconciously giving me the idea of the butt thing. LOVE YOU*

xoxo - Bri :) xx