Chapter Twenty Nine | Diminished Flames

Thank you all for taking time out of your life to read this thing I've created. It honestly means a lot to me <3 I love you, guys.

//also im sorry if there are any errors, im too tired to proofread aaaa

.

.

.

.

.

Sal and Clancy must still be inside.

You felt frozen. Yet at the same time, so determined to jump to your feet and do something. But you were unsure of what to even do at that moment, and so was everyone else. Every passing second without a solution only added more pressure, making it harder to think.

Josh was the first to lift himself off the ground. "I'm going in there," He muttered, already heading in the direction of the blazing church.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jason was quick to jump to his side, grabbing Josh by his wrist to keep him from moving further away. Josh spun around and easily shook out of the blond's grasp, eyeing him with a small glare.

His tone immediately sounded harsh. Not out of anger, but out of worry. "What does it look like i'm doing?" Josh spat, "I'm not just going to stand around while my friend and some kid are in there burning alive."

You glanced down at Tyler briefly. His eyes were shut, but the bloodied brunet was still breathing steadily. "He's right," You looked up again, gaze flickering between both Josh and Jason. They looked towards you in return. "We can't just stand here and do nothing. It's not right."

Jason frowned softly, breathing a slow sigh as he faced the grounds for a few seconds. "I know," He hummed quietly, "But we can't risk losing another friend if you don't make it out in time, Josh. It's just too risky." He looked to the curly haired male once again, sounding calmer than before."

Although Josh didn't respond, aside from letting out a quiet sigh of his own, you could tell that he understood. "What are we going to do, then?" No one answered.

Arya was crying nearby, staring down at the floor as tears slipped from her eyes. She hiccuped silently as to hold back any sobs. You couldn't imagine how terrified she might've felt. How scared she was with the fate of her lover's life in God's hands now. 

You reached up and gently took her hand, causing the tall girl to glance over. "Sit," You softly invited and she nodded, taking a seat beside you. Arya looked over at Tyler as you loosely rested a comforting arm around her shoulder. "She's going to be okay. Alright?" Her eyes quickly averted to you, strands of her raven colored hair getting in the way of her gaze. "If I know anything about Sal, it's that she's a fighter. That girl can get through anything." You quietly reassured, "So let's not give up, okay?"

Arya nodded some more, lips pursed. "Okay," She sniffled out an answer as she wiped away her tears.

You tried your best to believe your own words, though it didn't seem to help you as much as it helped the girl beside you. You still remained hopeful, nonetheless. Silently praying to the sky that it'd all be okay in just a matter of time.

"Look!" A voice from behind suddenly shouted over everyone's murmuring, followed by a few gasps. Heads spun around to stare off in the direction of the burning building. Some people squinted hard, while other's widened their eyes, looking astonished, yet vastly relieved.

Your eyes burned from staring into the flames for so long, though you didn't bother to blink or look away. Your gaze was too fixed on Sal's broad figure that stumbled her way through the fire. She looked exhausted, lips drawn back as she winced in pain with Clancy thrown over her shoulder as the girl slowly made her way through the flares of red and yellow.