Chapter Two | Need a Hand?

"Need a hand?" He called, his voice echoing.

You blinked up at the man in astonishment. "What?!"

"Either you want my help or you get terminated by those guys." He nodded casually to the guards who were now visible.

You glanced over your shoulder with round eyes before turning and racing to the end of the alley way. As you ran, the man unraveled his rope, letting it drop to where you could reach it. It appeared used and worn, but still sturdy enough to hold the weight of a person. you quickly latched on, clinging onto dear life. As you were being hulled up, the guards stormed towards you, but to their disappointment you were already too high for them to reach you. You looked down at them, snickering almost. They shouted from below and it was obvious they were upset from the angered wrinkles upon their pale faces. 

The man pulled you onto the roof top with a huff, and you let go of the rope. You looked down at your now reddened and calloused hands. For a thin guy, this dudes got some muscle, you thought to yourself surprisingly. You glanced up at said man. He was of average height, had short brown hair that matched his charming brown eyes. He wore black boots and black pants, and a green cotton jacket that for some reason had yellow tape plastered on it. This guy has a weird fashion sense.

"You're welcome." He spoke as he winded up his rope once again, then stuffed it into his backpack. You stayed silent as you examined the strange man some more. "A 'thank you' would be nice."

You blinked a few times, before stammering in response. "Huh? Oh- uh, yeah, thanks." You muttered, and he raised a brow at your unappreciative tone, but said nothing.

He turned and walked over to a hidden stairway. You wondered who had put that there. The Bishops, or maybe some stranger. "C'mon!" He called to you from over his shoulder, and you obliged although you felt confused. 

"Wait- I can't just follow a stranger!" You exclaimed while stepping down the chipped steps, nearly tripping along the way while he seemed to glide down with ease. "You haven't even told me your name."

He glanced at you from the bottom of the staircase with a small grin. "Tyler. There, now i'm not a stranger." He bent down and picked up a rusty crowbar. "Now come along. We better get somewhere safer before you get yourself into trouble again."

This kid was beginning to irritate you. "I don't even know you! There's no way in hell i'm following you anywhere." You stopped in your tracks and crossed your arms stubbornly.

Tyler turned around and crouched slightly to reach your height. "I told you my name. Is that not enough for you?" He said with a sassy smirk.

You furrowed your brows and huffed a strand of hair away from your face. He turned around and began to walk again, and you trailed behind from a distance.

"Besides," He started, "You haven't even told me your name, so why are you calling me the stranger?"

You sighed out of annoyance. This kid sure does have some attitude. "Y/N," you muttered quietly at first, "It's Y/N."

He had a look of interest for a brief moment, "Hm, never met a Y/N before. I never imagined they'd be so grumpy." He seemed to hold back a small chuckle.

"And I never imagined a Tyler to be such a pain in the ass." You murmured aloud as you rubbed your arms to create some type of warmth. You now realized you should have brought a coat with you.

"Woah, woah, language!" Tyler emphasized his tone to sound more shocked. He glanced back at you. "Aren't you like, twelve or something?" 

You gasped angrily and bit your lip to hold back a harsh reply. "Do I look like some kind of child to you? I'm nineteen, idiot." You clenched your jaw. You were beginning to think getting captured would be better than this.

He shrugged nonchalantly, "Close enough."

*****

Minutes later, you both arrived at what seemed like a small camp site. You guessed it belonged to Tyler, and by the looks of it, he was by himself. 

Tyler slid off his backpack and crowbar, setting them beside a dirty sleeping bag that was obviously his. "You can make yourself comfortable I guess. I'm gonna set up a fire." He informed, and you simply just nodded. You removed your bag from your shoulders and set it beside a rickety old torn down shack that seemed to be missing half of its structure. It was useless.

You glanced around at everything, which wasn't much. All there really was was a sleeping bag, a few supplies, the shack, and a small campfire. How is this guy even alive?  You wondered to yourself.

You peeled off one of the elastics from your wrist and gathered up your long H/C hair. You tried your best to weave it into a quick braid, collecting strands and folding them over one another. It wasn't the neatest, but it would do for now. Satisfied, you grabbed one of your few water bottles. Unscrewing the cap, you tilted your head back and gulped down a grateful sip.

"Y/N!" Tyler called out to you, making you jump a little at first. You weren't used to hearing him say your name just yet. You looked over to him, "The fires ready." He smiled kindly, "I hope you're hungry."

.

.

.

.

.

ackkkkk I was planning on adding more, but I'll save it for the next chapter. In chapter three we'll learn a bit more about Tyler! Speaking of which, I know his character may not be what you expected, but hey, it's my story, so I felt like giving him this personality. Hope ya'll don't mind :p