The Munies

After Thomas passed out I walked around his feet and pushed Minho back then grabbed Brenda's shirt before she pressed her lips to his forehead and pulled her down. I heard her choke from her shirt suddenly around her throat. "Don't have time for love, sappy!" I shouted. I hopped down onto my knees over her and had a fist back but was pulled back by Jorge. "Hey!" Minho shouted. I twisted as I grabbed Jorge's arm and quickly rose to my feet and stared him in the eyes. "Keep your little girlfriend away from him." I threatened. "Or you both die." I growled. Minho grabbed my shirt at the back like Newt and Thomas do. "You won't have a pilot." Jorge said. "I'll find a way!" I snarled. "Come on!" Minho said and had his hand to my throat too and took me away from them to another area in the room and faced me. I was looking at Jorge helping Brenda to her feet. My nose scrunched up and I wanted to kill her. "She's useless anyways! Let me knock her off!" I shouted as I was trying to get to her. Minho kept my back pinned to the wall. "Hey hey! Look at me!" He said. "Look! At me!" He repeated with more force. I looked to his eyes. "We need them to help us here in Denver." He said. He began to speak more but so silent the words met my lips as well as his warm breath. "Once we're out you can do whatever you like sweetheart and I won't stop you." He whispered. I didn't realise his face was so close to mine. Our noses were almost touching and his eyes were directly at mine. Newt would kill him for being so close if he ever saw.

I could feel a soft tension. As if he wanted to kiss me but he wasn't. He stepped back and gave me a nod. "Alright?" He asked me. "Fine." I said and pulled my shirt straight and acted as if he hadn't said any more. We nervously watched Hans do his procedure to Thomas. When he was finished he was going to work on Minho. "No. Her first." He said and pointed to me. "I'm not going out of it and she attacks this one again." He said and pointed to Brenda. "I'm not going out of it and that shuck-face takes advantage of it!" I shouted. "I'll make sure of it." Minho said. I trusted him. I walked over and gave Brenda a glare as I sat on the other bed. "Why do you hate her so much?" Hans asked me as he walked over. It was an obvious question. And I knew he wanted an obvious answer. "Don't try understanding women muchacho. You'll die before you do." Jorge said. Minho chuckled at his statement. I lied back on the bed. "If I find anything out Brenda that knife won't be cutting." I said. "Calm down now." Hans said. I felt the prick of the needle and I started to grow weak. I let myself fall into darkness.

When I came to I heard Thomas whispering my name. I quickly looked over at him then felt a bit groggy. I felt my eyes squeeze shut and I sat up. "Easy now." He told me. I opened my eyes to look at him sitting up too. "Are you okay?" He asked me. I got off the bed and stepped to him then took his face into my hands and kissed him like I did back in The Scorch. "What was that for?" He asked me. "You always save my life. And I will always protect you." I said. He kind of smiled. Then he turned to Minho who was still asleep. "Minho. Hey, Minho wake up." He whispered. Minho started to come to and coughed. "What? What is it?" He asked. "Did Hans do it?" Thomas asked. "Yeah. He did it to all three of us. He said." Minho answered and sat up looking groggy. "Man you wigged out big time. Do you remember that?" Minho asked him. "Yeah. But it was like I was paralyzed. I couldn't do what I wanted." Thomas answered. "Dude, you almost sliced my you-know-whats off." Minho said. Thomas laughed and I smiled. I don't think I've ever heard Thomas laugh before. It was cute. "Too bad. Could've saved the World from future little Minhos." Thomas said. I laughed at this point. "Just remember, you owe me one." Minho said.

"Good that." Thomas said. He looked at me. "I know I kneed you in the back and sent you into the wall. I'm sorry." He apologized. "Bruises and marks." I said and shrugged. He smiled. Happy that I could forgive him easily. Brenda, Hans and Jorge came into the room with grim faces. My smile turned into a serious expression. "Did you get another pep talk from Gally? You all look depressed." Thomas said. "What gave you such a peppy attitude muchacho?" Jorge asked back. I pointed at him. "You..." I refrained myself. Hans examined us and told us we'd be okay. "But...you won't be able to communicate with Teresa and Aris anymore." Brenda told Thomas. I looked to him. "Suits me fine. Any trouble yet?" He asked as he shrugged off his new freedom. "No. But we can't take any chances." Brenda said. Hans told us he wished he could join us on our journey but he has to take care of his wife. It sounded more like a goodbye letter before he'd flee. "If we can stop WICKED we'll come back for you." Thomas said to Hans. "We'll see. We'll see about a lot of things." Hans answered and walked back to by the door. I wondered if he was meaning we'd all get attacked by Cranks. Or knocked off by WICKED. "What's next?" Brenda asked. I pushed off the bed Thomas was sitting on and extended my arms out with my hands open while walking towards her. Jorge put his arm in front of her and Minho shouted. "Hey! Ttsshhhtt!!" He sounded out. I slowly pulled my arms back and walked back to beside Thomas. "What'd you do while I was out?" Thomas asked. "She's kinda become a little more prone to attacking. She lunged on Brenda while you were under. I got her though." Minho informed him. "Good that." Thomas said.