The City Of Promises

After we landed I was standing beside Newt. The cargo door opened and they were heading out. I looked to Newt. "Don't make it a sappy lovey dovey goodbye." He snapped and folded his arms. I stepped to in front of him and he huffed. "Newt, if I come back and you're gone I'll know it was your choice to dissapear on us. But I hope you'll stay and wait for me. I'm not just coming back to you. I'm coming back for you." I said. "Just go." He urged. I jogged after the group and Thomas patted me. "You've got this one on a leash don't ya hermano?" Jorge asked Thomas. "Yes." Thomas said. "I do too. I hope." Minho said and looked at me. I gave him a courteous nod. He flashed a smile. "Good. Now I'll be using our real first names. Fake last names." Jorge said. He introduced us all to a woman. I think Jorge wanted on my good side. He named me Amelia Newton. We each walked in one by one. And a mechanism was waiting to scan our eyes and prick us. Jorge went first. Then Brenda. Then Thomas. I froze. "Ms. Newton, your turn." The lady said. I looked to her and then to my friends. Thomas and Minho gave me a nod.

I believed them more than anyone in this shuck city. I looked through and saw a flash and darkness then stepped back as the woman was calling them to another place. I turned to look at Minho who escorted me to the next area. "See you on the other side." Jorge said and walked in through an opening. It closed with a hiss sound. When it opened, Jorge was no longer there. Brenda went in and it closed with a hiss. "If you don't see me on the other side, I loved you guys." Minho said sappily. I felt him hold my hand and squeeze it then let go as the wall opened. He entered and it closed with a hiss. I looked to Thomas. "There's nothing to worry about." He said. "If Minho charged right in, so am I." He said. The wall opened. "See you over there." He said and went in. The wall closed with a hiss. For that moment I pondered running back. Fighting this to keep going without Newt. The wall opened. "Enjoy the city Ms. Newton!" The woman said with a smile. I approached the wall and walked past. It closed with a hiss and white fog covered me then it opened across from me. I walked through to see them. Thomas was looking around. I did as well. "It's a mall." Brenda told us. So many people were mingling about. Other immunes. Other people! "Where's my mom and dad?" I asked in an angered tone. Jorge didn't know how to respond. Brenda neither. Minho suddenly looked saddened by my blunt question. Thomas turned to me. "We'll find them." He said. A man approached Thomas. "I was told there was some escapees from WICKED. I was hired to give you this." He said. I quickly reached for the note but the man swished it back away from me. Thomas extended his hand and the man gave it to him and left.

Thomas read the note. "It's from Gally." He said. "That's impossible." Minho said. "We should see who this really is." I said. "You're right." Thomas sided with me. "We have to find Hans first!" Brenda said. "No! We have to find out who this guy is first!" Thomas said. He started leaving and Minho followed along with me. "We'll take a cab." Brenda said. "A what?" Minho asked. We all got into a vehicle and were taken to a place in the city. After we got out we saw a run down, painted on building. We walked in and were going up the stairs. Jorge and Brenda were going over how many fatal possibilities could happen. "Will you shut up?" Thomas ordered. I smiled. Jorge and Brenda were quiet. We made it to the door and Thomas knocked. After a few seconds the door opened. It was Gally. "Come in." He said. Thomas entered and then I did. I rushed at Gally and took him down and got over him. "What is wrong with you?!" He shouted. "You killed Chuck! You almost killed Thomas! Why are you welcoming us to your new home?!" I shouted. Thomas and Minho got me off of him and he scrambled to his feet. "I didn't want to kill Chuck. I never would have wanted to in a million years. I wanted to kill Thomas." He said. I jerked ahead but the boys kept me back. "So you wanted me dead." Thomas said to him. "Yes. Because I hated you." Gally replied. Minho took both my arms and made me get on my knees in front of him.

"Is she a Crank?" Gally asked. "No. She's...different. She can actually control The Flare and use it." Thomas informed him. "So why'd you tell us to come here?" Thomas asked. Gally went on about a resistance group and how they plan on taking down WICKED. And he explained how they controlled him into killing Chuck. So he wants nothing more than to bring WICKED down. He looked to me. "Does that make us mutual allies?" He asked. I gave him a courteous nod. Minho let me go and I rose to my feet. We all discussed there will be a plan and to arrive in the morning. We left Gally's apartment and Jorge and Brenda took us to Hans. The doctor who'd take the chips out of our minds. He seemed to not like us three Gladers. After Brenda spoke to him smoothingly he left to a room after saying he needed to prep. Thomas sat down and didn't look so well. "Are you okay?" Brenda asked him. "Shut up." I barked at her. "I just need to..." He said and was about to stand then jerked and fell onto the floor. His body began convulsing and it sent fear through me like a wave. Brenda and Minho were at his sides as his body writhed and he drooled from his mouth. "Thomas!" I shouted.

Brenda kept asking him what's wrong and if he was okay. "He can't answer you shuck-faced wench!" I shouted at her, stating the obvious. His body stiffened. I looked at him and Minho and Brenda let go of him. "Thomas, speak to me." Brenda said. "C'mon." I said. He turned over and stsrted to get to his feet. "Atta boy." I said. "You okay?" Minho asked him. Thomas's eyes and head shifted quickly to the door that Hans went through. "I can't....let you....do this." He said. "I don't trust this guys Hans either." I said. "You shut up! Hans is a good man!" She said to me. She looked to Thomas as I clenched fists at my side. "They've got you! Fight it!" She urged him. He put his hand on her face and shoved her down. I let out a burst of laughter as he did so. I'd been waiting for him to do that. Jorge rushed to protect Brenda but Thomas caught him in the jaw with a quick jab. "Ooh!" I exclaimed and held my fists up to my chest now. I expressed that was painful. Jorge stumbled against the wall and wiped his own blood off his lip. "I can't....let you...do this!" Thomas screamed. I expressed that we can't do anything about it and I'm still on his side. "WICKED has him." Minho told me with a hit to my gut from the bakc of his hand.

I watched Thomas walk forward in lurching steps towards the door. He grabbed a knife from the kitchen and gripped it in his hands. "Thomas!" Minho yelled. "Fight it man! Get those shuck people out of your head!" Minho said. "Get to behind him." I said quietly. I stared at Thomas. "What are you thinking WICKED? Going to use him to kill Hans? it'll only make him want to end you even more!" I said. Minho was walking around to behind Thomas like a predator. Hans came out the door. "What is this?" He asked. "I can't....let you...do this." Thomas said again. "I was worried about this." Hans sighed. Minho grabbed Thomas and threw him into the cupboards then hit the knife out of hid hand and got him in a hold. "You're not killing anybody!" Minho said. "Let go of me!" Thomas yelled. Minho took him down and was over him eith his arms pinned. "Get off of me!" He shouted. "I'm not getting off until they let your mind go." Minho said. I stood in front with my arms crossed and tilted my head with a smile. Thomas struggled and looked up at me. "I know you can hear me WICKED. And see everything. And your shuck faces aren't any match between me and my Gladers." I stated. I looked to Minho and he gave me a nod while still holding onto Thomas. "It won't stop until Hans does what he can. Hans?" Brenda said. "I can't believe I ever worked for those people." Hans said as he knelt by Minho and Thomas. "For YOU." He said and stood back up.

Thomas's body arched, as if he was attempting to buck off Minho. But it wasn't working. Minho still held on. Thomas cried out and struggled harder then knocked Minho off and jumped to his feet, grabbed the knife and dove at Hans. The two were fighting. Thomas trying to kill him and cut him once. Hans was trying to stay alive. "Get him!" Brenda commanded. Minho and Jorge grabbed his arms and I shoved Brenda back into the wall by Hans with my hand just under her throat. Jorge got the knife across the room and I ran to thomas and jumped onto him. The three of us took him down onto the floor again, this time on his back and pinned him. I felt his thigh and knee go into my back but I didn't let up. I knew it was WICKED making Hans a target so they could still control him. "You good doc?" I asked him. "I'm fine." Hans responded. "Work on him first. I'm trusting you." I said and looked back at him. He gave me a nod and I moved down to his ankles and grabbed them in my arms as he was pulling. "In here!" Hans said. We picked him up and he struggled and cried out. "No!" He screamed as we were going down a hallway. Brenda followed behind me and he kept pulling me forward and pushing me back and throwing me into the walls of the hallway. Minho was shoved against a picture fram and it fell and shattered. He did the same to Jorge. We made it into the room. "On this bed." Hans said and patted it. Thomas screamed out several times as we still fought him. We dropped him onto the bed and Minho laid his torso over Thomas's hips and thighs, pinning him. I lied my torso over his calves. Jorge lied over Thomas's torso but was shoved off. Thomas grabbed Minho's shirt and was pulling. "I can't let you do this!" He yelled. Brenda made Thomas let go and laid over him. Jorge laid over her. "Keep him still!" Hans said and came running over with a needle. "We're trying!" Minho shouted. I felt Thomas jerk his leg. "I can't....let you do this!" Thomas whimpered. I moved down slightly and Hans stuck the needle in him. I looked at Thomas as his body began to relax. Hans pulled the needle out and quickly patched the spot. We all got off of Thomas except for Brenda. "I hate those shucks." Thomas said. I laughed at his final words before he passed out.