The Final Move

We were lead to a room and Rat Man faced us. "Now, just like the other subjects..." was all he could get out before Newt rushed him against the wall and pounded him in. I smiled and let out a small laugh. One of the guards yanked Newt away and threw him down. I rushed to him and helped him to his feet. I stood behind him peering over his shoulder with my head down at Rat Man. "No! Leave them!" Rat Man hollered at a guard as he aimed his launcher at us. "We need them." He said. "I wasn't gonna hurt you. Much." Newt said. "Don't call them or us subjects again. We're not mice trying to find the cheese. Never....again." He threatened. I couldn't help but smile and be all for Newt. "We'll take them inside." Rat Man said. Just then Thomas kicked a guard and elbowed the other. Minho, Newt and I began attacking the others. Rat Man was knocked down by Minho but he was dragged off by a guard and pinned then Newt was and I leaned up on a guard to help free Newt but one put the launcher to my head. I heard a woman guard hollering for Rat Man to give her the go and she'd fry Thomas's brain. I let out a growl like a vicious dog. I saw Rat Man look at me in my peripheral vision. I was sure he was wondering just how far The Flare was reaching in my mind.

"A.D. Janson! Give me the word!" The female guard shouted. "No! We still need them! Get them up!" He commanded. I felt the guard beside me grab my shirt and pull the collar close as if holding back a rabid dog. I remembered how Newt would do that. Newt was looking to me as he was standing. He had a bit of rage in his eyes. Like he wanted to attack the guard for holding me back. "You're intelligent! Not stupid!" Janson shouted. We all looked to him. "You're a bunch of teenagers, and one adult, who should know better than to attack trained guards!" He shouted in frustration. After straighteming himself he urged them to escort Thomas into the room as we would be going in one by one. The woman and another guard had each arm on Thomas and were taking him to the room. Janson said he had another matter to take care of. "Take these ones into the waiting room." He said. Thomas was struggling. "Thom..." Was all I could say before I was choked by the guard who had me. "You wanna be an attack dog, then you can act like one!" He said and pulled me down onto the floor. I fell straight down onto my chest and put my hands on the floor. "Crawl puppy! Crawl!" He shouted at me. "You bloody..." I heard Newt say but he was shut up. Thomas's shouting became silent. The guard who had me was forcing me to crawl ahead with Newt and Minho following.

He wanted me to act like an attack dog, so I rushed over and clamped my teeth onto his calf. He started shouting and went to hit me with his gun but missed as I dodged him. And now freed from his grip I took him down and crawled over him growling. But another guard grabbed my arms and was fragging me back. I could see Newt and Minho with smiles on their faces. They were forced to follow. "You said, shank." Minho said proudly as he walked past the guard who was on the floor assessing his leg. I was pulled into the room and thrown onto the floor. Newt and Minho were shoved in and the two guards followed. The door was closed and Newt helped me to my feet again. "Good that." He said with a smile. Proud of my actions. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you're perfect." Minho complimented. He finally came around. I was his friend. I stood by the wall beside Newt. "Be quiet kids and wait your turn." One of the guards said. We didn't obey. We're rebels. We won't obey. Janson entered the room. "Have you gotten yourselves comfortable?" He asked us. As if he was a man accompanying three people on a stay. "Shut ya shank face ya bloody traitor." Newt barked. "I see you haven't changed your minds little rebels." He said. He was looking towards me with a sly expression.

I was trying to read his mind. What he wanted to say. "Quit lookin' at her like ya wanna take her to bed ya bloody pervert!" Newt shouted. I smiled. "Yeah I noticed that too. Freak." Minho said. They were sticking up for me. I smiled. "I've seen her before. But she was never like this. I wanted to know what exactly changed. Was it Thomas? Or was it Newt?" He asked me. "Both." I answered. Newt lifted his head and smiled proudly. "Was it when..." He said but was cut off as the door burst open and Thomas came in with Brenda behind him who shot the two guards. Thomas aimed at Janson. "What in God's name?" Janson said. "Speak another word and you'll feel....how did you put it? Your worst five seconds of your life." Thomas said. I smiled and laughed like I did earlier but bounced in place this time. Minho grabbed the other launcher. "You have minimal chance of getting out of here. There are more guards coming." Janson said. Thomas pulled the trigger and the grenade latched onto his chest and sent him to the floor writhing and screaming. It was short lived and I looked down at him while standing beside Thomas. "Ha!" I hollered. "Mess with us..." I snarled. "I don't know how long this will last. But we'd better get a move on." Brenda said. I turned to her. "Okay, WHO appointed YOU leader?!" I shouted at her. "We don't have time for arguing." Thomas said calmly.

I felt Newt grab the back of my shirt and pull the collar up to my neck but he wasn't choking me. "What's the plan?" He asked. We heard more guards coming. "Take the doorway there! We'll take it over here and shoot the first two guards that come in." Thomas said. I gave a nod and Newt's strong arm wrapped around my waist and he pulled me back to hide behind Minho. Thomas was at the other side with Brenda. We got ready.

A male guard came in and Thomas shot him. A female guard came in and Minho threw her over his shoulder and I kept her down. Minho took her weapon. Another guard came in and Newt made him fall to his knees then punched him in the mouth. As the man held his mouth Newt took his gun and hit him in the back of his head with the butt of the gun. Knocking the man unconscious. "How many more?!" I shouted at her. "I don't know!" She said. Minho pressed the launcher to her cheek. "There's been some called away to another area! That's all I know!" She said. "Let's take her as a hostage." Minho said and lifted her after I got off of her. Newt wrapped his arm around me again. "Good that." He said. He let go as Thomas had Brenda lead us out. Newt and I were watching the back. We hurried down the hallways, launchers aiming as we weaved around. We made it to a large door like the last time with guards coming to get us. "I wouldn't do that if I were you!" The woman said. "There's guards waiting to scorch you on the other side." She said. Thomas came up with a new plan. We let the guard woman go and she was to open the door for us but not run. I took my spot in aiming and guarding Thomas. Thomas begab to count down. "One." I gripped the launcher with my finger just hovering in front of the trigger. "Two." He said. I steadied my weapon and eyes. The lights shut off and an alarm sounded.