Chapter 18

Seeing Zach again, as one could guess, wasn't a very pleasurable experience. I had a really, really strong desire to take out the small gun and shoot him as many times as it would allow. Obviously, it would lead to my own demise. So I refrained. For now anyway. The mansion was beautiful, decorated with exquisite taste. If the situation hasn't been so tense, I'd have loved to explore it. But for now, I took in the men I'd have to get through for my freedom. There were 7 in total. 2 burly looking men stood with Zach, around a bound man in a chair whom I suppose is the DA.

"Ah. There you are my dear Emma! I've been waiting for you." Zach said, in a voice that sent shivers down my spine. And then in a voice, the evil one as I called it, he glared at Carter and said, "Your work here is done. Leave."

"A deal is a deal. You have the girl and the information. Let go of the DA."

Zach motioned to one of the men. That one unbound the DA and pushed him towards Carter. And then told Carter to leave.

Carter squeezed my shoulder reassuringly and left, along with the DA. Once the door closed after him, I looked back at Zach, glaring him. Oh how I wish looks could kill.

"Now, now. No need to look at me like that dear. Come on. I want you near me."

I didn't move. As if I would. Zach noticed my immobility and made a face. The one which kids make when they don't get what they want. Asshole. He came over and stroked my cheek. I flinched.

"I don't know how this body of yours managed to get away from me last time but you aren't getting away from me this time around. Get her to the room. And. Do. Not. Touch. Her. She's mine."

How dare he?! I'm not a damn trophy!

"I'm not yours!" I said hotly, temper rising like a volcano.

Zach found this amusing though. He laughed heartily.

"You'll be. Very soon."

I was scared. Very scared. But damn me if I show him that. So I squared my shoulders, refusing to show him the fear that was gnawing me inside.the 2 men came around and gestured me to go with them, guns pointing at me. I silently followed them to a small room.

"Sit." One of them said. I sat down on the bed. Big mistake. They should've bound me. Good for me though. Too good.

In my mind, I went over the plan that I'd been confided in. I had to wait for the perfect time. And then I'd act.

Apparently, Zach was their boss if something, because they stuck to his words. They didn't misbehave with me. As time went by, I could see them getting bored. Which meant that my work was going to begin soon. After 15 minutes, I decided that it was finally time.

"I want to go to the bathroom." I said to the men. They looked at each other and then nodded at me. I sat up and went to the bathroom. Once inside, I carefully took out the beretta hidden inside my undergarment, added the silencer that I had managed to stuff in my jeans and held it ready. It was fully loaded. I unlocked the safe lock and sat down on the toilet seat. And then the wait began. Again. I knew soon that one of the men would come inside to check on me. I had left the door. I positioned myself close to the door, listening intently for the footsteps. After 40 minutes, they must have finally decided that I was taking too much time because I heard footsteps coming close. I took a deep breath and held the gun raised, ready to shoot. I had to shoot, had to kill. That was the only way I was out of here alive. The door opened and as soon as the guy entered the room, I shot him in the head. He slumped and I heart another set of footsteps, probably that other guy. He was stupid, because instead of going for me, he went for his companion instead. I shot him in the head too. 2 down, 5 to go. When that particular thought went through my mind, I realised what I had done. I had just killed two people in the span of 10 minutes. Oh dear. It was self-defense, yes, but it was still tough to get my head wrapped around the fact. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. There was no going back now. I had to get through this. I had to live.

Once I felt calm enough, I decided that the next action was in order. It was tougher, because I had to get over my fear for it. I shook my head. I had to live. I want to. I hid the gun in my pocket, disposed the silencer.

Determined and ready, I stepped outside and opened the door, ready to take this plan to the next level. I stepped out and went straight to Zach. He was surprised, may be even a bit suspicious to see me without any of the men. But I didn't give him the chance to question me.

"Zach, I want to talk to you. Alone."

"Really? How amusing. Well then, shall we?"

Thankfully, he had gestured to a different room. I followed him in and he locked the door. This was a scenario I had hoped I'd never have to see again, Zach and I alone that is. But here I was, in a room which was locked; alone with the guy who was soon to die by my hands. And I would only be happy to do so.

"So then, Zach. I heard you're fond of me." I said.

He smiled devilishly and said, "Sure I am. What's not to be enamoured with, love?"

He came close, eyeing me up and down. I wanted to gouge his eyes but I was going to play along. I resisted the urge to flinch and schooled my features to an expression of being pleased rather than being disgusted.

"You're easy on the eyes, have a great body. And..." he paused as he came closer to me, holding my chin in his hand, "...I really like kissing you."

I jutted my chin out, bringing myself closer to him.

"Then what is stopping you?"

Foolish, Zach was foolish. Because instead of doubting me, he went straight ahead and kissed me.

I had to pretend kissing him back. Ugh! But I roamed my hands around, looking for the gun that he had been carrying around. Soon, I found the handle. I smiled through the kiss. Slowly, I extracted the gun from his pocket and ended in the kiss. And like a classic replay of the night when Zach had taken me to our last date, I pulled on a gun on him.