Chapter 12

"That didn't really happen." Logan laughed throwing her head back and clapping her hands together. I smiled and held up two fingers.

"Scouts honor." I said with the most serious face I could muster, she laughed even harder. I didn't have to work on Fridays and she did. So I'd bring down two coffee cups, hers black and mine with sugar and we'd sit and drink our coffee and until she got off work.

Then we'd go our separate ways, she had school and I had stuff with work. I had my mind on some other things today though. Milo, Harry, Work, etc. I know everyone says this but I think too much, way too much.

"Hey, what are you doing after work today?" I asked excepting to hear something about school.

"Oh nothing today, it's my fall break so I guess I'll just go home." She said rearranging the spare keys behind the desk.

"Do you want to do something with me today?" I questioned.

"Yeah that sounds great, we really haven't done anything outside of this place." She said gesturing to the empty lobby.

"Alright, when do you get off?"

"Two. But the guy that comes in after me is always late." She sniffled, trying to come off a cold. I nodded my head "I'll see you then."

I left with that so I could go get dressed. I wasn't sure what we were going to do I just knew I didn't have anything to do and I wanted to do something, so here we are. The thing is I wanted to get out of here and clear my mind, I've had so much on it lately.

First off it's been a month and a half since I've had this journal, and I haven't even found anything new about the owner. Other than he loves the smell of apple candles and he used to work in a bakery. I don't think I'll ever get anywhere with him or this journal, I'm beginning to think I'll never get mine back.

Second, Milo hasn't called me in 6 days. Not that im clingy but a 'hey how are you' is nice too. This might be yet another relationship that I've single handedly ruined-or at least whatever we are.

Weve never sat down and talked about what we are but we go on dates and coupley things. I just don't know, I need to talk to him.

-

*Hey, we need to talk.*

I send the message and put away my phone quickly not wanting the cold air to sting my skin too long. As I stick my hand in my pocket I feel a piece of paper stuffed into it. I pull it out to look at it, the green paper looking familiar.

I open it looking at the ink on the page, it's that music festival flier that I found the day I found my apartment. It looks like it's today too, I look up at a texting Logan.

"Hey we should go to this." I say handing the paper to her.

"I'm all for it, it looks like one of my favorite singers is headlining it." She smiles pointing to the bold letters on the top of the page "Okay, let's go!" I say heading back towards her car.

"Where's it at again?" Logan asks as we come to a stop at a red light. I glance back down at the mint paper in my dry hands-I needed some lotion.

"Um I have no idea just keep going until you see flower crowns and beanies." I shrugged as the light turned green. She chuckled at me.

After several blocks and U-turns we found a large sign that read 'MUSIC FESTIVAL TONITE ONLY'. Logan found a parking spot not too far away from the sign.

We made our way along the path passing the sign, slowly coming upon the back of a stage after a couple minutes of walking.

We both stopped, our hands in our pockets as we looked around at the empty lot before us. We looked at each other and then back towards the stage when we heard a small song filling the large place.