Chapter 4

That's all they really want

Some fun

When the working day is done

Girls - they want to have fun

Oh girls just want to have fun

The familiar song rang through the mall as we exited. We'd been shopping for a good five hours when my Realtor called and told me she was ready to meet, because you know we have to stay on her schedule and no one else's.

None the less we had shopped all that time and I had come out with a throw pillow that had Mr. Darcy's proposal on it. A candle that was named 'The Essence of Fall', a pair of ankle boots and a deep red dress my sister made me buy.

Not that I didn't like dresses I loved them for the right occasion I just wasn't sure about this one.

"Are you sure it doesn't look weird on me?" I asked still at odds with the dress. It was lovely but I didn't think I could pull something so beautifully designed off.

Mae turned from the front seat looking at me as I got out of Julies huge SUV, she had an annoyed look on her face.

"Bren, I'm telling you we all agree you look great in it." She said with a nod.

I nodded back still unsure, I shut the door and waved as they drove of. It really wasn't the dress at all I just knew I didn't have anywhere to wear it.

It really was pretty, I loved it. It just kind of made me sad at the same time.

I stood on the curb waiting to meet my Realtor she said this was the first place she wanted to show me. But I didn't like the looks of it already.

I sighed dreading the rest of my day I had ahead, when I was about to sit down a huge black SUV bigger than my sisters, pulled up.

The door opened and stepping out was a rather flustered Louise, my Realtor, I smiled as she noticed me she smiled back.

"Hi Brenlee, how have you been darling?" she asked her disposition changing completely, I shook my head.

"I've been fine Louise." I softly smiled.

"Good darling, good." She absent mindedly replied diging for keys in her abnormally large pink purse.

"Aha!" she exclaimed holding the keys up "Okay deary, here's our first stop." She said ushering me up the stairs.

Here we go I mentally took a deep breath to prepare myself.

-

4 houses, 6 apartments, and 1 loft later here we were standing outside of the loft building.

"I just don't know what I could show you." She said with a long drawn out sigh. I crossed my arms I was starting to feel a chill.

"I don't have anything left to show you." She slammed her binder, I felt something hit my foot.

I looked down at the balled up piece of green paper at my foot, I bent down to pick it up.

I opened it reading something about a music festival or concert closer to thanksgiving.

"Wait!" she gasped "I have one more possible place." She said clapping her hands together.

"I haven't been able to pitch it to most people but I'll think you'll like it." She cried walking towards her tank.

I shrugged walking towards the giant SUV, when I opened the door and buckled up she leaned over to me.

"I think this will be the one for you." She smiled, I grinned and nodded my head.