Feelings are Fatal

Code - A

Shoto Todoroki glanced at the boy sitting up front. The boy he loved dearly. He sighed and rested his cheek on the palm of his hand, propping himself upwards with his elbow. Just the sight of his crush made him feel sick within his inner core. 

A rough cough made it's way up Shoto's throat, itching his insides. He used his hand to cover his mouth as the cough escaped his lips.

The peers sitting nearby glanced at him, slight concern growing onto their expression. They looked away as soon as their teacher's deep voice sounded.

It must be a cold, Shoto thought to himself, looking up at the blackboard. I need to get better quickly so I can keep up with the rest of my class.

Shoto took his pen in his hand and pressed the little button at the end up it. He repeated this action out of boredom.

He would have to wait a long time before he could escape boredom again. The class had started and he never paid attention. He would just stare off in space and tune out most of what his teacher, Shota Aizawa, would talk on and on about. 

After what felt like millions of hours, Aizawa had mentioned partners. Shoto peeked up, now curious. Anything that had to do with partners or a group was something that would catch Shoto's attention.

"You will all have to choose a partner for this activity. As I explain what this exercise is going to be about, think about who's quirk would be nice for it. Think about who would be a great fit. When it is time to choose, choose wisely," Aizawa said, skimming his eyes over his students.

Shoto listened to the exercise plan, even when his choice of partner was already set up in his mind. He wanted to be with Izuku Midoriya, the boy he loved.

When Aizawa told the class to pick their partners, Shoto shot up from his seat immediately. The girl to his left gave him a confused stare, only to arise from her seat as well. She walked over to the front of the room, tapping the shoulder of a girl with short hair that was the same color as dark lavish lavender. 

Shoto made his way over to Izuku, moving between his busy classmates. He wanted to be with Izuku very badly.

To his disappointment, a girl with chestnut brown hair and big, round eyes came up to Izuku first. She smiled and talked to him, making it very obvious that she wanted to become his partner. 

Shoto could no longer hear her voice. He could no longer hear anybody's voice. A faint ringing sound played in his head, gradually growing louder and louder, making his ears hurt. It was all he could listen to, the sharp, loud, ringing noise disturbing his ears. 

His heart began to pulsate wildly inside his chest. His breathing became harsher and more exasperated. A burning sensation filled his eyes and cheeks, as well as his nose.

His eyes became briefly blurry, his vision dipping in and out of haziness. His eyes were still attached to the girl, Ochako Uraraka and Izuku, both of them giving out sounds of laughter and emitting auras of happiness. 

He was so focused on the couple that he didn't realize that multiple people had tried to catch his attention. He spun around, the ringing noise fading away, his breathing and heartbeat slowing down, the burning feeling leaving his face, and his eyes showing clear sight again. 

There were at least six people crowded around him, asking desperately if they could pair up with the boy with split colored hair.

His eyes shifted from one peer to another, wondering who would be a good partner. Since he could not have Izuku, he had to pick somebody else. His classmate's chatter goes up as each of them try to convince Shoto to be their partner.