Not Your Fault

Code — A

(Pro Hero AU)

Izuku opened his eyes, taking in the blurry room around him. He felt a shifting figure in the bed next to him. Izuku yawned and stretched his arms out.

The person sleeping next to him was his husband, Shoto Todoroki. The man with red and white hair turned over to face Izuku. Shoto clamped his arms around the green haired boy.

"Good morning, Izu," he mumbled, pulling his husband closer and nuzzling him. Izuku giggled and kissed Shoto's forehead.

"Let's get up," he said, trying to pull Shoto away from him. "I have work."

"Just five more minutes," Shoto said, keeping his grip tight on Izuku. "You're so warm and fluffy."

"I-I'll be late!" Izuku said. Shoto grumbled and let go. "I'll make breakfast," Izuku said. He kissed Shoto's cheek and sat up from the bed.

He walked to the bathroom, looking at his very messy hair. It looked like a bush, with the tufts of green tangled with each other and sticking out in all directions. Izuku tried to brush his hair, but the locks of forest green was too thick for him to drag a weak brush through.

"Leave it," Shoto said, taking the brush from Izuku. "Your bed head is adorable."

Izuku blushed and turned on the sink faucet while his husband was combing his hair. He squeezed the mint toothpaste onto his toothbrush and started to brush his teeth with it.

When he was finished, he walked back to their room, picking out his outfit for today. He settled on a green fluffy hoodie and gray sweatpants. He stuffed his hero costume into his work bag and went downstairs.

He made some cold soba for breakfast. Shoto's favorite. He popped a piece of bread into the toaster. He smiled when he heard his husband go down the stairs.

"You've made my favorite food," he exclaimed, sitting down. "Thanks."

"Hehe," Izuku twirled a lock of green hair around in his fingers. "A-anytime."

He checked his watch and his eyes grew wide. It was going to be late. Izuku heard the toast that had popped from the toaster.

He swiftly grabbed it, still piping hot in his hands. He wedged it in his mouth and slung his work bag across his shoulder. He grabbed his other bags and bundles of papers.

"Leaving so soon?" Shoto asked, frowning. "You didn't even eat anything."

"I'll eat this piece of toast," Izuku mumbled through the bread in his mouth. "I'm in a hurry. I have to go."

He put on his red sneakers and waved goodbye to Shoto. 

"Be safe!" he called to Izuku as he closed the front door behind him.

Izuku ran to his car. His hands were full, so he couldn't get to his car keys. 

"Damn it," he cursed under his breath. He used one finger to find his way to his keys. When he found it, he unlocked the car and tried to open the door.

Tried.

He dropped his bag and sighed. He was a hot mess hero. He couldn't do anything neatly without the help of his husband. 

Luckily, Shoto was hearing Izuku's distress.

Izuku brightened up when he saw the familiar face pop from inside the house. 

"Need help?" Shoto called from the front door.

"Yes," Izuku said, reaching down to pick up his fallen belongings. "But please hurry. I'm going to be late."