001.

THE alarm clock on the bedside table started blaring an 80's rock song from the speaker, signaling for anyone to wake up

THE alarm clock on the bedside table started blaring an 80's rock song from the speaker, signaling for anyone to wake up. It was hard not to hear it, honestly; the voice of the musician singing loudly into the ears of the sleeping boy.

Suddenly, a hand came out from under the comforter, hitting the annoying machine repeatedly, failing at trying to find the off button. When he finally found it, the room filled with silence once again, causing the boy to sigh in relief.

The birds outside were chirping happily, welcoming the morning with open arms; the sun peaking through the slightly opened curtain, lighting up the once dark room.

No one hated mornings more than the boy who was completely covered by the blanket on top of him. He was failing miserably to block out the rays of light that were trying to wake him up.

He was close to sleep again, finding peace in the quiet while his breathing slowed, signaling that he was falling into a slumber; that was until the door to his room swung open, ruining his plans to get more rest.

"Jeongguk!" His mother yelled from the doorway, "You're going to be late for school if you don't get up soon. So hop to it!" She slammed the door shut, leaving the boy alone once again.

He pushed the covers off of him, groaning in annoyance at being woken up. This was a normal routine, though. He would be so close to sleep, but right before he was out, his mother would barge into his room to wake him up. Every single day.

Jeongguk slowly sat up, dangling his legs off the side of the bed, pressing his feet against the cold hardwood floor as he stood up. He let out a long yawn, running his fingers through his messy hair before making his way to the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush his teeth.

Once he finished doing both, he walked back into his room with a towel wrapped around his waist; heading towards his closet to find an outfit to wear for school.

He picked out a short sleeved black t-shirt and a pair of ripped denim skinny jeans and slipped the clothing on before grabbing a pair of socks from his drawer along with his Nike air force ones; slowly slipping them onto his feet.

He was exhausted. He had the urge to skip school, go back into his warm bed and sleep some more, but he knew his mother wouldn't let that happen; even though he never missed a day since middle school when he got really sick and had no choice.

Jeongguk has no idea why but lately he couldn't sleep for the life of him. He only got three hours of rest last night, well pretty much all week if he was being honest. So yeah, he was extremely tired.

He grabbed his backpack and his phone before making his way downstairs. His mother was in the kitchen, a cup of coffee in her hand while she read the newspaper.