Trafalgar Law // Angelic

{ a very long awaited request by EJChiaki90 ~ hope u like it, and im really sorry for the incredible delay!! }

[ we got a kind, caring, almost motherly reader - basically a big ol' lowkey sensitive sweetheart. she gets all our uwus in this one ♡ ]

!!! takes place during Punk Hazard, and mentions law vs vergo fight, as well as very minor Wano spoilers. you might wanna skip if you haven't reached that point! i haven't watched/read that arc ever since it came out five-ish years ago...so this is probably quite inaccurate TuT !!!

The entire building shook and trembled, the room you had been for God knows how long included.

Not that you quite understood that at first.

You could faintly feel the vibrations, hear muffled voices and various other noises - alarms, maybe, you weren't quite sure. Being in a confusing, to say the least, state, did not help at all.

Everything felt and sounded distant. You were barely aware that possibly violent things were happening, your tired mind barely able to register and process these facts; your body felt heavy yet numb, same going for your head, although a headache was very much present as well.

Despite your eyes being closed, you could tell the awfully bright lights in the room were flickering - violently so, and it only worsened your headache. Swallowing with some difficulty due to the dryness of both your throat and mouth, you willed yourself to open your eyes and face whatever was happening. They hurt from the sudden intrusion of such bilnding and flickering lights, and you had to force yourself to keep them open in order to get used to it.

The room was empty, which was quite rare. Nothing in it was different, other than said emptiness - that and the shaking and trembling that you were now very much aware of. It was quite scary, making your heartbeat quicken, to the point where you could hear it.

You looked down at your body; only adorned in a white hospital gown, as always. Your arms and legs were exposed and bruised, bandages here and there to allow minor wounds caused by that madman's constant experimentations to heal. The mask over your mouth and nose was the cause of your current sluggish state, constantly pumping mild anaesthetics and muscle relaxing gas in your lungs to keep you in this condition at all times.

Alive, but barely conscious, so as not to try and escape or prevent the scientist's plans. Escape was something you'd attempted multiple times during the first days, weeks, perhaps even months in here - how long had it been since he'd shoved you in here to begin with? Due to this never ending provision of anaesthesia, your perception of time had gotten quite messy, if not entirely gone.

You found yourself slowly regaining control of your body - you could move your fingers, you felt them twitching when your brain told them to move. This was something that hadn't happened in very long, again due to the drugs being pumped in your body all the time.

They've stopped.

The drugs had a very characteristic smell, the best way to describe it being a very odd mixture of the strong scent of bleach and rubbing alcohol. Right now, that was most certainty not present - meaning that the machine that worked day and night to fill your lungs with it had somehow stopped working.