Chapter thirteen: Fighting back

Harriet's P.O.V

We needed to do something. Cecelia had texted George to say that she had all of the remaining pack members ready to fight. They were gonna take down Nathan's pack, while we got to Nathan. Once we had defeated Nathan. Nik would kill him and become alpha. Nik had decided on his mate. Neither me, Chloe or George were surprised. He chose Chloe. Later that day. Nik asked George and I to leave for a while. We just smiled, shifted and ran. George was a sleek, silver wolf. We ran until we heard a rushed howl. Chloe. I thought. I panicked and shifted back to a human. I didn't even care that I was naked. "Chloe!" I screamed. I tried to run but a hand grabbed my wrist. I looked over and saw a now, human George. "They're just..Well...Ya know" He pulled a face. "Eew! George!" I giggled. Then, realising that we were both naked, blushed. "We should probably shift back" I said. George nodded. We both waited for one of us to shift. But we didn't. Only then I realised that George was so.... Cute? Just the way his blond hair fell over his forehead and how his blue eyes shimmered in the sunlight. No.. cute wasn't the word to describe him, and handsome didn't quite fit.

God I was such a perv.

George's P.O.V

She was so beautiful. The way her light brown hair fell was just perfect. She didn't understand how that look she was giving me drove me absolutely nuts. That I would die for her. I had to focus. I cleared my mind and shifted. As a wolf, it was almost worse. I took of running through the forest. Running helped. I saw her appear beside me, her white fur glistening. She yipped playfully. I yipped back. We continued to run towards the sound of rushing water. We stopped at a river. Harriet jumped in. I wasn't willing to go in, but she shifted and pulled me in. Of course I shifted back. "Not fair!" I yelled happily. I splashed her and she splashed me back. She smiled at me. We heard Nik howl, calling us back. I howled in return. "Let's go" I said evenly. We shifted and ran back. Harriet reached the shack first. She was standing there, human. Fully dressed. She smiled as I shifted. Why did I wish she was still naked?

God I was such a perv.

Harriet's P.O.V

I walked in the shack once George had shifted and gotten dressed. Chloe and Nik were waiting for us. They both smelled different. I looked over at Nik and smiled. "Congrats you guys! Your frikin mates!" I squealed. They both blushed.

"Ok. Enough of that" George said seriously.

"Let's plan how we're gonna kick Nathan's ass"