Chapter One: Suprise!

I walked back into the kitchen. I checked the time. Ten fifty nine. Nik should be here soon. He's always ridiculously on time. Nik had been my best friend since forever. He was always there to pick me up when I was down. Or to help me get through a tough break up. We shared every secret with each other. I heard a knock at the door. Anne ran down the hallway to get it. I heard Nik's voice as it echoed through the hallway. Anne came running back in. "Nik's here!" She squealed in delight. Nik walked in. As confident as ever. "Hey Harry." He said, smiling. "Hit the eighteen already?"

"Yeah, I did" I said happily.

"Well I got you a gift." He said. Nik tossed the box to me. I caught it with both hands. It was a large black box with a purple ribbon tied around it. I untied the ribbon and opened the box. A golden necklace with a star shaped pendant attached, the star was encrusted with pink diamonds. I looked up at Nik in disbelief. "Nik! How much did this cost you!?"

"A couple hundred dollars." He said, grinning at my reaction.

"Niik!" I said playfully. "You didn't have to do that!!!"

"You should know me by now. I always do what I don't have to do." He looked up, suddenly remembering something. "Oh, there's one more thing." He said. Then he dragged me outside to his car and threw me in the passenger seat. "What is it now?" I groaned.

"A surprise" Nik replied hesitantly. Little did I know, this so called 'suprise' would change my life forever.