Chapter eleven: Scent

"Well it turns ou-"

"Nothing. You missed nothing" George cut me of. "Ok. Ok. Mr. Grumpy pants. Sheesh. I didn't really wanna know anyway" She sat down and shut the car door. George began driving. "I can smell him" He said quietly. Part of me hoped we would definitely find Nik this time. But part of me wished we would never find him. I didn't want Nik as my mate. I knew him too well. Chloe started singing a song about pink fluffy unicorns that were apparently dancing on rainbows. I smiled. After a while, I started to sing with her. "Pink fluffy unicorns, dancing on rainbows!" We sang as loudly as we could. George smiled at us. He didn't join in. He just sat there, grinning like an idiot. We stopped singing when we saw a huge grey wolf leap out onto the road in front of us. "Shit. It's Nathan" Chloe whispered. "Lock the doors" George ordered. We locked them. "Chloe, Harriet. Climb into the boot"

"He's already seen us George! There's no point!" Chloe exclaimed. Nathan leapt at the car. He hit the windscreen with enough force to crack it. One more leap. And we were done for. "Harriet. Scream" He commanded. "Wha- Why?"

"Just do it. Trust me" His eyes pleaded with me. I took a deep breath, and screamed. Nathan stopped and turned his head to the forest. Suddenly, a black wolf leapt onto him. Tearing at his throat. Nik. Nathan backed of immediately. He shifted and grabbed Nik by the scruff of his neck. George ran out to help Nik. The three of them struggled. Nik shifted and punched Nathan. Knocking him out cold. George and Nik ran to the car and jumped in. George driving and Nik next to me. Chloe threw him a blanket. "Cover yourself up please. Your offending my eyes" Nik wrapped himself in the blanket. "Hey Harry" He said to me, smiling. "Hi Nik. I'm like you now" I said happily. His eyes widened. "Harry... Your a werewolf?"

"Yes"

"Who bit you?" He asked.

"Me" George said quietly.

"You little piece of shit!" Nik screamed. "You just ruined her fucking life!"

"Nik!" I yelled. "I love being a wolf"

"What ever" He said quietly. George had his hands tightly gripped on the steering wheel. His phone buzzed and he pulled over to read it. "We can't go back to the compound" George said, A slight pain in his voice.

"Why?" Chloe asked.

"Cecelia just texted me. They've been attacked. Luke's dead. Nathan runs the pack now. We go back. We get killed"