Chapter five: George and Chloe

After George left. A girl walked in. She had long brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a T-shirt that said: I'm a unicorn. Deal with it. "Hello there" The girl said happily. "It's been soooo long since another girl was here!" She finished. She suddenly realised I was still tied up. "So Lazy little George didn't untie you? Don't worry! I'll untie ya!" She practically skipped over to untied me. " By the way. My names Chloe. What's yours?"

"Harriet"

"So Harriet. I'm supposed to show you around the compound" I must have given her a really dumb look. "Where most of the pack lives dummy" She rolled her eyes, grabbed my wrist, and tugged me out the door. The compound, as Chloe called it, was basically a few small cottages lined up in little rows along a road, with a huge building at the end. "Ya see that building on the end?" She said. I nodded. "We call it the meeting hall. Well. You can guess what goes on in there. And you'll be stayin with George until we get you your own cottage."

"I don't really plan on staying" I said bluntly. Chloe's face fell. "But you have to!" She said insistently. "Your part of our pack now! You can't leave!"

"But I have a family!" I protested, thinking about my sister and mum.

"To bad. We're your family now" Chloe finished. She pointed at one of the cottages. "That's where George lives. You should go and get yourself settled in"

"Bu-"

"No" She cut me of. "George will answer any other questions" Chloe turned around, and walked away. I walked awkwardly over to George's house. I knocked on the door. No one answered. So I opened the door and walked inside. The cottage was pretty neat. Aside from the clutter that littered the place, It was actually pretty clean. I heard the door open. "Hi little brownie" I heard George say. "Do you always invite yourself into people's homes while their not home?" I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment. I turned around. George had a huge grin on his face. "Where's Nik?" Was all I said. His grin faltered slightly. "He ran of"

"Oh" The disappointment must have been clear on my face because George's grin faded completely. "Look. We'll go find him later. But you need sleep" He said. George showed me to my room. It was pretty plain except for the little steel framed bed sitting in the corner. I walked in and George shut the door behind me. I climbed into bed still dressed in the clothes I'd worn all day and fell asleep.

----------------------------------Le Authors note.

Thanks for reading so far! 😜 Have a cyber donut! 🍩 So. I just want to say. I plan on updating every Tuesday.

......

.....

...

..

.

That is all.