Chapter 9

Author's Note:

How y'all doin ? I've been listening to a lot of country lately which isn't anywhere close to my usual music norm. That's besides the point I apologize for not having the chapter up faster but Wattpad wasn't cooperating lately so without further ado here it is and don't forget to comment and vote otherwise Zayn Malik will never be the father of your child.

Song: Blow me - P!nk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Morning

Anthea's POV

I didn't get any sleep. I sat next to Aiden, in the same seat as last night. I probably looked like a hot mess but honestly I didn't care. Once in a while Aiden's eyes would flutter or his heartbeat would thud quickly and it left me gripping the armrests and breathing raggedly.

I remember the first day I met Carter and how much I began to hate him. Not even that could compare to the burning rage and anger I felt at him right now. Aiden had nothing wrong, he was perfect , none of this was his fault. So why was he paying for the moment of indiscretion I had with Carter? He should be yelling at me right now not fighting for his life.

The doctor walked in and looked at me wearily.

"I'm afraid Aiden may have to stay here for the rest of the summer. He hasn't been breathing well and may have taken brain damage from falling face first into the fall. His arm is swollen and may have suffered a small fracture. I'm most concerned about the fact that he hasn't woken up yet. It's hard to estimate whether or not he'll wake up soon." The doctor steadied me as my knees fell weak.

Carter was going to pay for this.

***

"Anthea are you alright? This is our last class! Where is the excitement? We'll be performing tomorrow evening!" Cheered Marcelo.

I honestly was glad this was all going to be over soon. Carter didn't look at me once. He was oblivious to my vacancy and the hatred in my eyes. I wasn't going to say anything to break the eerie silence. Besides I didn't have anything to say to him.

My eyes wandered to the clock and realized there was about 5 minutes left.

"Marcelo do you mind if I leave early ? I'm in bit of a rush." I said.

"No - I mean tomorrow is the performance we should squeeze in an extra 5 minutes of practice at least right Marcelo?" that was the only thing he had said the entire class but it irritates me to know how quickly Marcelo would agree with 'Mr. Malcolm'.

"Carter's right whether it's 5 minutes or 5 hours we should grab any opportunity to practice that we can" Carter smiled a look of approval at Marcelo speech and Marcelo bowed slightly as if to say 'Thank you for not firing sir I really appreciate it sir would you like to use me as a doormat sir? I wouldn't mind sir'

He sickened me. We squeezed about 10 minutes in although it felt like an eternity. I grabbed my stuff and stormed off. Carter easily matched my pace. When I thought I'd lost him I turn around to find him giving me a boyish smile. I stood in the extravagant lobby in the same spot where I watched Aiden suffer.

I cannot believe he had the nerve to come anywhere close to me.

"Look Anthea I think this is all a big misunderstanding-" he started.

"No you look 'Mr.Malcolm' I have never EVER loved someone the way I loved Aiden. I cannot believe you! He'll be in the hospital for who knows how long while you go prancing about with that stupid credit card. I hate you. You stupid spoiled jerk!" I slapped him as hard as I could. And didn't offer a single glance as I began to walk away.

"Anthea no wait let me explain" I clenched my teeth and decided he wasn't worth my time. When I reached the door he grabbed my wrist.

"Let me go"

"Just listen to me"

"I refuse to listen to a criminal, if it weren't for the fact your dad could buy you out of any lawsuit you'd be in a jail cell right now" I could see that hurt him but he refused to show it. I stared into his fathomless black eyes.

"I'm not a criminal. Listen to me or else"

"Or else what? Are you going to send me to the hospital as well ? Maybe put me out of my misery ? Is that your intention? Give me your best shot. Go ahead" I was purposely rubbing salt in the wound. He deserved so much worse. He put up this tough guy routine, a poker face. It was so good you'd forget he was human. Yet underneath that terrifying cover was a human being with feelings no matter how much he denied he was.

"You know what Anthea? I didn't hit him first! He tried to punch me in the face! Excuse me for defending myself! I never did anything to you that night , it may possibly have been the greatest night of my life but you kissed me! Not the other way around. You won't believe me this much I already know but have the decency to know the facts before you assume you know me. In all honesty you don't know , no one does..." He left without another word.

Could he have possibly have been telling the truth ? Was I wrong about him? Or am I just gullible ? I refuse to fall for a ridiculously well done monologue. I must admit he was a good actor. Not good enough to change how I feel.

Carter's POV

None of this was working! I tried everything. The plan was falling apart, I still had 2 months but after tomorrow I would never see Anthea. She wouldn't want to see me and how can I marry her if she hates me?

Gosh I was hoping my last speech left her thinking. I threw in a little self pity just to make it more convincing but mostly it was the truth. Jasper is probably hoping it all fails, I could see the victory in his eyes. He knew something I didn't but what exactly was that...?

I mentally had more than I could handle. With Aiden it puts him out of the picture for awhile. That douchebag deserved it. There was something slimy about him that I really despised. Anthea needed someone strong, stable and handsome. Who else fit the bill than me ?

I would sweep her off her feet for the Gala. After I greeted Mr & Mrs Towers' granddaughter of course. The whole event was dedicated to her after all. I wonder what she would look like. Hopefully attractive considering I would have to dance with her. With all that money she's probably very educated and dressed well. Maybe she'll be hot and we could possibly hook up later ...

I let my mind wander about this mysterious beautiful fantasy of a girl and I unconsciously made my way to my room and collapsed onto the pure white silk sheets.