Chapter 4

Author's Note

Bonjour madams and monsieurs, yea I know I'm a dork but what fun would it be if I said "Hi guys!" every time? Anyways in case you don't read my statuses I edited the other chapters just for you guys. Please don't forget to comment I love reading them. (: Oh and I decided I would make some of the novel in Carter's perspective just to make it easier to understand what's going on. Sorry it's shorter than usual but I wanted to leave you hanging with anticipation ;)

Song: Cooler Than Me - Mike Posner

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anthea dear it's time to wake up Marcelo says he needs to squeeze a couple morning practices" Nova my maid was gently shaking my shoulder. I know what you're thinking weird name right? Actually I thought it was pretty cool but the reason behind it was her father used to be an astronomer before he passed away.

I groaned slowly opening my eyes. "You really need to stop taking naps in the afternoon" Nova shook her head in disapproval. 

Since my grandparents are usually gone to business meetings or travelling on business it's pretty lonely. They didn't really like it that I was befriending " The Help." Not like that stopped me.She became a good friend of mine after she would console me about my posture lessons. In a short time we became good friends.

" If I don't take an afternoon nap how would I deal with that jerk ?" I got up and washed my face and I got ready for my second dance lesson. Here I go.

***

After the quick 20 minute ride to the studio, James opened the door for me and I stepped out.

"I'll call you when I need you , Till then James" I nodded and used the etiquette that my grandmother  thought was proper when talking to "The Help." It still felt very strange to have people catering to me so I tried doing simple things to make it easier on them like keeping my room tidy and escorting myself.

I walked in 5 minutes ahead of time, making sure this time I wasn't late. I wish I hadn't though because Marcelo wasn't hadn't even arrived yet so I was stuck by myself waiting for them. 

Carter's POV

"Carter I think you've gotten enough sun for the rest of the week, you're going to be late" Jasper poked my ribs jokingly. We may have been friends since primary school but he knows how to ruin a perfectly good time.

"It doesn't matter if I 'm late , Marcelo wouldn't even think of saying anything remotely rude, well if he wants to keep his job that is" I smiled knowing I had the world in the palm of my hand. I was living it up.

"What about your dance partner? Won't she be disappointed not seeing your devilishly handsome face? So when's your first date? Maybe you can hook me up with her if she's not your type" he waggled his eyebrows at me.

"Uh .. well it hasn't been quite decided yet. She's still... warming up to me" 

"You haven't asked her have you ?" Jasper looked at me in shock.

"Yeaa.. not really" this conversation was getting on my nerves. I could get Anthea in a second if I wanted to , with a wave of my checkbook she'll come running it's not much of a challenge.

"Oh really would you like to put a wager on that?" I hadn't realized I was thinking aloud. A snake-like smile crept up on my face knowing how easy it would be to get such a poor girl.

"You know I can't resist a bet what is it this time?" I was honestly curious to what he had up his devious little sleeve this time.

"Let's make it interesting, you're father is thinking it's about time to get settled and you probably haven't heard the news but my father told me this a few days ago. As a friend I'm helping you out and telling you if you're not married by the end of the summer your father will get you an arranged marriage."

"Wow I can't believe this ! I don't need to get married ! He's doing this because I slept with the Brazillian President's daughter isn't he ?!" I paused taking deep breaths "It's good to know this, but what does this have to do with the bet?" I looked at him frowning.

"You have to marry Anthea by the end of the summer , divorce her and break her heart." Jasper seemed oblivious to how wrong it would have seemed to other people but we were those kind of guys that people didn't want their daughters anywhere close to. It was a game all for fun, so let the games begin.

"And what's in it for you?" I braced myself for his demand.

"I get to be the heir of your father's company" My jaw dropped.Here I thought Jasper was my friend and yet he's after the money as well?. He looked at me evilly. "What's wrong I thought you were the king of bets ? I thought you could get any girl with the snap of your fingers? Or were those just some pathetic lies?" Jasper looked at me innocently. I could tell what money does to people, this was not the same Jasper I knew when we were 11, in his place stood a man who was always second to me and was desperately sick of it.

I was going to regret this, but what girl could resist me right? I'm Mr. Right ,the knight in shining armor every girl wanted. Besides I was good with any girl. Let's see if I'm good for her.

"Deal" that simple meant a lot to kids but words were nothing in the business industry.

"I'll send over the contracts tomorrow" he looked calm and indifferent but in his eyes I could see the sense of victory.