Chapter 5

Author's Note

Top O' the morning to ya, even though I know most Irish people don't actually commonly say this, I thought it would be a unique greeting :) Anyways I'm excited for this chapter just as much as you guys are! Thank you so so much for every single vote, fan or read that I get. I know I don't have that many but I honestly appreciate every one of you. Even if all you did skim through the book haha it's still a read xD Love you !

Song: Enchanted -Taylor Swift 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next morning

 Carter's POV 

My hands were shaking , never have I been so terrified and unsure. On the expensive mahogany deck in front of me was a freshly faxed contract. One that would determine my future. I thought about backing out but then Jasper's word echoed through my head 'What's wrong I thought you were the king of bets ? I thought you could get any girl with the snap of your fingers? Or were those just some pathetic lies?.'  I clenched my teeth. I grabbed the pen, ripped the lid off with my teeth and signed along the dotted line. That was it.  I copied the document and faxed it back to the weasel.  How hard could marrying someone who had barely any money be? 

Anthea's POV

I shouldn't even be going to those stupid dance lessons since that idiot Carter decided he'd rather skip. I can't believe I was stood up , I don't know why he thinks he's so special my family is just as rich as he is, well my grandparents anyways. One day all that wealth will truly belong to me , then will I get the same amount of respect as that douche bag? 

Honestly, I was contemplating whether I should skip and decided against it. Marcelo would rip my head off considering even with my extra day of practice ( Marcelo had to be my partner) I wasn't as good as "Mr.Malcolm." I hated him , I hated people like him. 

I got dressed and went on exactly on time considering last time, Marcelo and I had to wait 30 minutes for a jerk that never showed up. He better be braced for me today I thought as we slowly pulled up to the studio. Like always the door was opened for me and I stepped out uncomfortably , thanking James once again. 

I walked in getting ready for a frenzy of insults to throw at Carter when he finally showed up. To my surprise he was getting tips for Marcello on his dancing. I stood in the doorway wondering if I was dreaming. Marcelo probably had the same expression when he had come in early. They hadn't seen me so I walked up slowly and stopped a couple feet from them. Well he's really here ,don't you hate it when you plan a conversation in your head and the other person doesn't follow the script?

They faced me and Marcelo was quickly positioning us. I refused to look at Carter's face. It didn't matter that he was here today where was he when we waited for him yesterday? I don't care that he was respecting my personal space for once. I honestly just ..didn't care. I could bear through this in one piece , perform at the Gala and maybe never see him again -if I was lucky that is. 

He coughed. Look at him coughing as though he owns the place!  I thought bitterly. Maybe if I ignore him he'll get a taste of his own medicine. Afterall he's had so many one night stands and probably never called them back. 

"Are you ignoring me, love?" Carter said.

I kept my eyes glued to the wall behind his right shoulder. Obviously he didn't get this kind of treatment from anyone. He gently took one of his hands away from mine but left the one on my back. Then Carter guided my face towards his and pulled me closer with the hand on my back. "Are you ignoring me, love?" he repeated.

I stepped away from him. I looked around for Marcelo about to complain but he wasn't in the room. My curiosity got the best of me. 

"Where's Marcelo ?" I snapped.

It was hard not to look at him because he kept trying to catch my eye. If it were in a different situation -and I hadn't been cheated on and the fact the guy is a total idiot- I would have thought it was kind of silly. Right now though it was just annoying , couldn't he take a hint ? 

 "Why does it matter ? We're alone any girl would beg to be in your place right now" he plastered on a smile as though he was complimenting me. But to me he was just boosting up his already huge ego.

He wasn't going to help so I decided to look for himself. "Wait wait ! I was just joking around he said he was going to sign off on an order for dance equipment or something. I'm surprised you didn't hear him." 

At least my ignoring skills were pretty good. My face looked very smug. Carter's was puzzled in an attempt to be cute most likely. 

"He also said we should keep practicing" Carter smiled crookedly. My heart gave a deranged beat , how odd.. Instead of replying I took a step and repositioned my stance. He did the same and we began counting our steps. That's when the studio sounded eerily quiet so the genius decided to make small talk , talk about awkward. " You know I've never danced before." I remained quiet. "Have you?" he tried again. I decided I was going to break eventually I can't help it that I was raised with manners.

" So your good at everything naturally nice to know, and no I haven't it's the one thing I suck at" this wasn't technically a lie because I haven't danced before but I'm bad at a couple more things.

"Well I wouldn't say I'm naturally good at everything, just most things" he winked. How could someone that good-looking be so annoying. Then again most people have some flaw. His happens to be his personality. I was about to respond with something witty, but he pulled me closer to his chest and I lost my train of thought.

"Wow" was the most intelligent thing I could think of. We were so close our bodies were touching. He smirked knowing how impressed I would have been by his physique. I recollected myself and said, "Wow you really are as full of yourself as I thought." I was secretly content with the look on his face. If he thought it was going to be that easy to get me-after my terrible history of boyfriends- then he had another thing coming.

Marcelo came rushing in "Sorry I kept you in so late , you are free to leave." He looked extremely busy so he ran back just as fast as he ran in. I got my things and realized I had forgotten my coat. Wasn't it susposed to rain today ? Smart move Anthea. Oh well I guess I'm going to wait for James in the rain.

"Don't you have a jacket? It's raining." Carter looked at me as though I was going to war without armor. I guess it would've seemed like that to him since he's been pampered 24/7 since the second he was born. 

"Awwe are you worried about lil old me?" I said in a Southern Belle accent. I expected him to storm out or insultingly tell me that he wouldn't care if I died let alone gotten a cold. For the second time today he surprised me.

"Of course I wouldn't want you to get sick. Here take my jacket my limo is already waiting outside for me. You can return it next time you see me." I wasn't going to give in to his kindness there was only one thing a guy like him could want from a girl like me. 

"No thanks" I said bluntly. Getting a little wet wasn't going to be that bad. I walked to the studio exit and looked outside.I was raining so hard I couldn't see anything. I mentally cursed.Without my consent Carter walked up behind me and put his jacket over my shoulders. Before I could protest he was smothering me with his brown eyes and I froze. 

"You can thank me later, my princess" how cheesy yet ...sweet. Then he walked out with an umbrella before I could recover. Dammit! How does he do that ?! I was left standing there when James pulled up and drove me home.