Chapter Seven

"If I didn't hear her hearbeat, I would think that she's dead. I mean, she certainly looks the part."

"Yeah. Seems like she had some powers left in her after all and that looks disgusting."

Pain. So much pain everywhere. All I wanted to do was lie here forever and not move but nevertheless, I slowly opened my eyes.

"Look at that, Sleeping Beauty awakes, even without being kissed," Dean remarked with a sarcastic smirk. He and James where kneeling on either side of me and looked somewhat annoyed. My chest felt like someone had stabbed me several times and my stomach was still cramping. But that was nothing compared to the horrible headache I had. All in all it felt like someone had used me as a punchingbag. Groaning, I tired to sit up, realized very quickly what a terrible idea that was and slumped back down.

"I'm going to die," I muttered through clenched teeth.

"Don't be so dramatic," James replied while grabbing my shoulders and pulling me into a sitting position. The room immediately began spinning and I managed to turn away just in time not to throw up on him. Once again the black liquid splashed on my hands and the taste made me gag even after I stopped vomiting. Dean and James both had backed away a little and seemed pretty confused. While keeping a safe distant Dean asked:

"What the fuck is that stuff?"

"Those are my organs," I answered exhausted. After seeing their bewildered faces I decided to explain further. "I needed to use my powers to survive but since I'm very weak right now, haven't eaten alot and lost blood my body used the only energy source it could find to consume for burning energy which I could then use. So my body pretty much digested my organs and that black 'stuff' as you call it, is the end result of that process. So if we want me to survive I need food now, so that my organs can heal again." 

They looked at each other and for a moment I could see something like surprise in their faces. Then James turned back to me and said:

"I found some cans which seem unopened. They aren't labeled but it could be something edible." He then got up and started to walk away.

"Wait," I called after him," I need to get cleaned up, otherwise I can't eat and I'm pretty sure it's a little hazardous."

"I'm so sorry but I'm afraid we're a little short on functioning showers," Dean said with a fake friendly voice. After a short pause James sighed in defeat.

"There's a small lake behind the warehouse. It'll have to do." With that he quickly walked away towards the back entrance of the store. I was left alone sitting on the floor with Dean who quickly got up and looked down on me with a thoughtful expression. Just ignore him, I told myself and grabbed the nearest shelf to try and get up. After pulling myself in a halfway standing position my legs suddenly gave up on me and I almost crashed back on the floor if Dean hadn't caught me in the last moment.

"Alright," he sighed annoyed," I'll carry you but if you get that stuff anywhere near my face, I'm going to kill you."

"I don't want you to carry me and I don't need your help," I snapped and tried to push him away. He just ignored my protests, picked me up bridal style and replied:

"Yeah Princess, you definetely need my help."

Secretly I was happy, that he was carrying me because my body is much too weak to do anything, even walking. All the energy that is left is being used to keep my heart pumping and I felt incredibely ravenous. When Dean carried me thorugh the back entrance I spotted James standing on the edge of a shining, black surface. The lake. He was turned away from us but I heard his voice ringing over the water.

"You should eat something before you get cleaned up or you'll probably drown." 

After putting me on the ground Dean grabbed one of the cans that were lying next to me in a little pile. He examined it carefully before opening it and smelling the insides. 

"I think those are peaches," he remarked and the lack of interest in his voice clearly showed that human food bared no use to him. I hesitated when he tried to hand me the can.

"You didn't see something like a fork per chance," I asked while holding up my dirty hands.

"Sure would you like a napkin and a glass of wine as well?" Dean was using his friendly voice again which sounded to me like nails scratching on a black board. He then turned to James and asked annoyed:

"Why do I have to do everything by myself anyway?"

"Just feed her, alright? She only needs a few bites then she can wash her hands and eat by herself." He sounded weirdly agitated and Dean and I exchanged a quick glance, confirming that we were both aware of the edge in his voice. I was almost certain, that if he turned around, his eyes would be red. Without further protest Dean squatted down next to me and took one of the small, yellow peaches out of the can. Our eyes met and for a moment I wasn't sure if I wanted him to feed me, he would probably find a way to make it uncomfortably sexual. But I didn't have much time to dwell on that thought. Dean had already brought the peach up to my lips and my starving body took over.

I don't remember the last time anything tasted that good to me. The peach was sweet and I could feel the juices running down my chin. Two more bites and the peach was gone. My body screamed for more but I got distracted. Dean gently brushed his thumb along my lower lip and brought the gathered juice up to his own mouth to taste.

"Sweet," he mumbled without taking his eyes of me. If my body wasn't starving I would've lost my appetite by now.

"I think, I'm going to clean myself now, so you don't have to feed me anymore."

"Do what you want, although feeding you is kind of fun." After giving me a wink he got up and shoot James a somewhat alert look. He was still turned away and seemed to be watching something on the other side of the lake.

All I wanted to do know, was finally to get cleaned up. I pulled the stained sweatshirt of my head and threw it to the side. Maybe I could wash it in the lake but I had little hope for it to get clean again. My t-shirt followed and now I was only left with a white top to cover me up. After unlacing my boots I kicked them of my feet, pulled my socks of and carefully got up before unbuttonig my jeans. Thats when I looked up and met their stares.