Ch. 5 Sticks, Stones, and Broken Bones

(Marinette POV)

  I hated school mainly because Chloe was always bullying me. She bullies everyone with the help of Sabrina, together they make all the kids at High School suffer. 

  I walk into class and sit next to Alya. she mainly follows stories on Chat and can't let her know that he's been visiting. I pull out my text book and follow along with the teacher until a broadcast is sent over the intercom, "attention students there has been a sighting of the famous criminal Chat Noir, be careful! " I sighed until the principal continued, " and Alya please stay in your seat." I let out a giggle. She wasn't amused.

  "Oh come on Mari, not funny." she said elbowing me, "you know I want to finally expose Chat." I roll my eyes.

  "You'll know his identity when Chloe becomes nice" a scoff is heard from the door, I turn my head to see Chloe.

  " What did you say Mari-brat" I swallow, "I say we sacrifice her as bait so we can get to safety." I stand up I walk away, but she rams me into a wall, that will leave a bruise, Sabrina walks over and shoves me out the door. I start to walk away but Chloe was one step ahead before I make it to the stairs I feel hands shove me over the railing. Now that will leave broken bones. I lay there watching Chloe smirk to her self until a males voice rings through the air.,

   "Hi Chloe, I ran into Luka!" Chat I smiled at me, "He really misses you." Chloe backs away and run into the class room. He bends down next to me "Princess.... are you okay?" he asks sliding one hand under my head. I wince.

   "Agh! Chat wait-" he pulls his hand back,  "I may need a minute." he frowns.

   "Princess, I need to get you to the hospital now."

   "Chat, you can't just walk around. You'll get arrested and you can't leave me here alone till an ambulance comes."

   "you're lucky you didn't die." I can see tears start to form in his eyes.

   "it was only a half a strory fall kitty" I whisper, a blush spreading across his face. I soon hear a scream as Alya runs down the stairs.

   "Get away from her!" she screams.

   "woah, Alya calm down he's helping me!"

   "Chloe pushed her off the railing and I need to get her to a hospital, but you know i'm a criminal and all so, could you take her?" she seemed taken aback at first, but then looked at the two of us eyes shifting from Chat to me.

   "yeah, i'll take your girlfriend to the hospital." Chat and I choke on the air, "what it's obvious you like her and she trusts you so.... It just works" I would so elbow her right now if I could move.

   "Just take her to the hospital." he says leaping off.

(Chat POV)

   "Chat!" Alya calls my name. I slip into the alley next to her, "room one-thirteen that's window there." I nod and slip in, "princess?" I whisper looking around the room letting my eyes adjust to the dark.

   "Over here Chat" I feel my way to the bed and sit in the seat next to it, "it's just a few broken ribs nothing too bad." I tense up. She was seriously hurt because of Chloe. I push the button on the side of my mask and it fades away.

   "Princess, I- I'm sorry." I kiss her on the forehead and she brushes a piece of hair out of my face.

    "I'm fine Chat, i'll be out soon and I should heal in about 6 weeks." she smiles shyly knowing that hearing that number hurt me, "Chat you can visit me after I get out. I don't want you to get in trouble, so please wait till I get out." I frown and slide to the floor.

   "Princess..... I don't want to leave you here, I can't wait until they let you out."

   "Chat, it will take 6 weeks to heal anyway. Please, i'll be fine."

  I climbed out the window pressing the button on my mask and headed back to Plagg.