Ch. 2 Don't Feed Stray Cats

(Marinette POV)

I wake up in my bed. Was it all a dream, or did that black cat actually come last night? I sat up and looked around. No sign of anything. I checked my clock 12:58 pm. It was already noon. I turned on the news that was on at 01:00. I walked down stairs and grabbed a snack and came back up. I sat down right as the news turned on, "Don't be bemused it's just the news! I'm Nadia Chamack and I'm sorry to inform you all that there is still no sign of Adrien Agreste anywhere. Investigators are lead to believe he's dead." I spent high school with him, I had a crush on him and now people are saying hes dead. I sunk down in my chair as my pet hamster Tikki ran across my desk. I let out a sigh, but soon a knock came from my trap door. I walked up and sawChat Noir. He puts a gloved finger to his lips and opened the door.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you. I promise." I shift back against the railing of my bed, "Please, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." I looked into his eyes again. He didn't seem like the type of person that would be a criminal. I slipped back and felt myself slipping of the railing. He leaped forward and caught me and his emerald green eyes meet my bluebell ones, "you okay?" he asked. He carried me down the ladder and to my chaise.

"S-so it wasn't a dream." I ask him. He shakes his head, "Why did you become a criminal?" I ask. He shifts in his seat next to me.

"I ran away 3 years ago because I didn't like how my life was going, but believe me when I say if I could change what I did I would. I'd turn myself in, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life in jail. I wouldn't be able to see you again..." his voice trailed off. I freeze did he say 3 years ago? That's when Adrien disappeared. No, did he? did Chat kidnap him? He looked at me again, his gaze felt familiar, "Princess, can you keep a secret?" I froze. Did he just call me princess? I blush.

"S-sure." I reply not sure what to say or think. He clicks something by his ear and his mask disappeared, "A-Adrien?" I whispered. He nodded and reached for my hands.

"Princess... Marinette, please don't tell anyone who I am." I froze. Here I was with Chat Noir, the famous criminal, who trusted me enough to tell me who he is. I looked him in the eyes they were at least fifty shades of green mixed with yellow. I pulled up and kissed his forehead. "Don't worry Adrien, but wait. We need to tell them you're okay. Your dad he-" he cuts me off.

"Princess, no! please." he tightens his grip on my hands, "I want them to think i'm dead" I freeze.

"B-but you told me." he smiles and brushes a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Because I trust you." he smiles and presses the button again. His mask fading back into view, "bye princess." He exited leaving me to sit there. I reached for my phone and scrolled through numbers until I saw Mr. Agreste's. I frowned remembering what Adrien had said. I set my phone down and went to sleep. Why did I let him in? Now he'll just keep coming back.