Data 8 ~ Tea

(A/N): The picture is what the kimono looks like. Enjoy!

~ Your POV ~

As soon as I enter my house, I take off my shoes and half run upstairs to my room. Almost out of breath, I open the closet located in my room and smile when I see the red piece of clothing. "Thank god... I still have it.." I say with a little chuckle. "What's that, (Y/N)?" Pash asks, and I take the item out of my closet. "It's a kimono. I bought it in the mainland." I say, checking out the floral pattern. Oh yeah, I remember my time on the mainland. I always wanted to see Japan, so I thought I'd stay there for a bit before I got to Midorijima.

"It looks very nice. Did you get it for a special reason?" Pash then asks. "Not really... I just really liked what it looked like. Maybe there'll be a festival sometime. But for now, I'll wear it for tomorrow." I glance at the can of tea I had put on my table. Pash tilts her little head. "What are you going to do, (Y/N)?" I smile and put the kimono back in my closet. I then plop down on my bed and Pash sits on my forehead. "I'm planning a little surprise for Koujaku." I explain as Pash fiddles with her wings. "What kind of surprise?" She asks.

"I'm going to try preparing us some Japanese tea, even if I've never done it." I explain. Pash looks me in the eyes. "That sounds like a good idea. I think he will be fond of the kimono as well." I chuckle at Pash. "I think so too. I'm happy I bought it in Japan." I scoop Pash onto my hand and sit up. "Pash, I get you might not like me swooning over Koujaku like this but... He just makes me so happy." I say with a little smile. Pash seems to think for a bit. "I don't mind it at all, (Y/N). If he makes you happy like you say he does, who am I to stop you? Besides, Koujaku is a nice guy and Beni is great company." She says, making me grin. I decide not to ask about Beni.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning I woke up a little later than I wanted to, so I hurried in taking a shower and doing my hair. I ate my breakfast pretty quickly and prepared a bit for this afternoon. I slowly boiled some water and made sure everything I needed for the preparations of the tea was on my kitchen table. I spent the rest of the morning trying to get the damn kimono on. I have to say, it's WAY harder than it looks. Pash tried helping me by searching how to do it online, but it didn't work so far. "Pash, are you sure this is okay?" I ask, looking at the kimono in the mirror. When I looked over at the clock again, it was around noon already.

Pash nods. "You did all of the steps okay, I don't see anything wrong. Is it too loose or too tight?" She asks. "Well... I guess the top is a little looser than the other parts, but I think it'll be okay." I say and turn around. My face and hair looks good too, I'd applied light makeup and tied my hair into a loose bun. "(Y/N), you look very pretty." Pash then says. I smile and pick her up gently. "Thank you, Pash. And also thanks for helping me with the kimono." I say, to which Pash nods. "That's quite alright. Oh. I hear Beni's wings." She says, and I make my way down the stairs.

Just when I get downstairs, my bell rings. I check out myself in the mirror one more time, make sure my obi is in the right spot, then open the door. When I do, I see Koujaku brightly smiling. "Yo, (Y/N)." He says and I smile at him. Koujaku's smile fades a bit when he sees what I'm wearing. I chuckle at his response and step aside to let him in. He hesitatingly enters my house and closes the door behind him. "(Y-Y/N)... Why are you wearing a kimono? I mean it looks great, but..." Koujaku asks, seemingly nervous.

I chuckle again. "Well, I told you we were going to have afternoon tea, didn't I? I thought, why not do it good? I had some Japanese tea anyway." I explain and lead Koujaku into my kitchen. "I... See.. Well then. Again, my dear." Koujaku says, grabs my hand and presses the back of it to his lips. He looks up from it slightly and smiles. "You look beautiful in that kimono." I blush a little at his reactions. "Th-thank you very much.. Koujaku." I say with a little smile. I walk over to my teapot and pour the boiling water in. Koujaku takes a seat around the low table and waits.