Data 7 ~ Hairdresser

~ Your POV ~

The next morning, I made sure I looked my best. I put on my favourite set of clothes and wore my hair to the side. (A/N: Unless you have short hair, of course.) I kept checking myself out in the mirror and checked my Coil's clock at least a hundred times. "Well (Y/N), you sure are excited about getting that trim." Pash says ignorantly. I sigh. "It's not about the trim, Pash. It's more that Koujaku's doing the trimming." I explain.

"Your feelings are complicated, (Y/N)." Pash decides and I chuckle. "Yeah, you're right. People are weird when they're in love." I put Pash on my shoulder. "Let's just go already. I don't think I can stay here any longer." I say, grabbing my keys. Pash nods. "Understood. Would you like directions to the south district?" She asks. "Nah, I know how to get there." Pash nods and I exit my house.

~ MEANWHILE, AT A CERTAIN HAIRDRESSER'S HOUSE ~

~ Koujaku's POV ~

This whole morning has been hectic to me. I keep thinking about this afternoon. What if things won't go like usual? What if I mess up now out of all times? I could never forgive myself if I were to mess up (Y/N)'s beautiful hair. I take a deep breath. And why she said yes to going out with me sometime is even more surprising. "Oi, Koujaku." Beni says, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Hm?" I respond. "Don'cha think you should get to your shop? It's almost 1." As soon as he says that, I get up. "Right, right." I grab my bag that has my supplies in it. "Beni, I'm leaving without you. I'll be right back." I leave without waiting for his response and make my way to my shop as quickly as I can.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Your POV ~

I walk through the south district, humming my favourite song and bypass the many shops and entertainment facilities. How this place can have so many still astounds me, but it's still an amazing sight. I look at the clock on my Coil once again. 1 o' clock, sounds perfect. I look in front of me and see a group of women. I sigh, here we go again. I push my way through the sea of yelping women to see Koujaku apologising to some women. "Aawwwwnnnn~ But Koujaku-san was inside his shop!" One of the women says pleadingly. "I'm terribly sorry, but I only had to get something back I left in the shop." Koujaku says apologetic.

The women then slowly walk off. Some even walked back to their boyfriends, for God's sake. I'm starting to really hate these women. Koujaku keeps up a fake smile until all the women have dissapeared. "So what was that all about?" I ask once the women are out of sight. Koujaku sighs a bit and holds his hand out. "I'm sorry about that. I had to take care of this, so I'm going to have to cut your hair at my place."

I smile and him and take his hand. "It's okay Koujaku, I understand." I say and Koujaku smiles. This time, it's a real smile. "Alright then. Let's go, my dear." He starts walking and I walk next to him. "Getting tired of your fangirls, Koujaku-saaaannn?" I say in a sarcastic tone. Koujaku chuckles a bit. He proceeds to open a door. "I suppose. I wasn't really in the mood to do anyone's hair but yours, my dear." He says as he touches my hair a bit. "Well now I sure feel special." I say with a little chuckle, as Koujaku opens the door to his apartment.

As Koujaku and I enter his apartment, I smile at seeing his furniture. It's always very refreshing to see. I follow Koujaku to his room where a chair is set down. Koujaku walks over to Beni, who is in sleep mode and pats his head. His tiny eyes open and he flies onto Koujaku's shoulder immeadiately. "Hey (Y/N)!" Beni says as soon as he sees me. "Hiya, Beni." I respond with a smile. "Pash doing okay?" He then asks, seeming sincerely interested as he looks around the room for Pash.

Pash then goes from sitting on my shoulder to my head. "I'm doing fine." She says with a little nod, to which Beni nods at her in response. I chuckle at the birds. Beni seems very fond of Pash since they met. I'm thinking there's something more to it. "On that note, (Y/N), can you sit down over there?" Koujaku asks, pointing to the chair in his room. "Alright." I say as I sit down on the chair and gently pick up Pash, who looks around the room as if something's going to happen.

Koujaku attaches a bag to his side which makes him look like a typical gay hairdresser, so I chuckle at the sight. "You might want to put Pash away for this. Wouldn't want to get hair all over her." Koujaku says in a sincere tone as he smiles at me. I nod and put Pash on the little table in front of me. Koujaku puts a plastic cloth around me to prevent my hair getting on my clothes. I smile at how professional he's being. Koujaku grabs a comb from his bag and gently starts brushing my hair. It feels quite relaxing, so I slowly close my eyes and let Koujaku do his thing. "Your hair is softer than I imagined, (Y/N). Very nice indeed. Thanks for letting me trim it." Koujaku says in a cheery tone. He seems really happy that he can do my hair.

I smile a bit. "No need to thank me, you're really good at this. This is the best haircut I've had so far. It's relaxing when you do it." I say, opening my eyes. Soon Koujaku stops brushing and puts the comb on the table which has Pash on it. He grabs a pair of scissors from his bag and looks at my hair. Twirling an end of one of my locks in his finger, he smiles. "I'm going to start cutting now, my dear." Koujaku says as he holds the scissors close to the end of my hair. "Alright." I say and nod with a slight smile. Koujaku takes a little pause before snipping off the first bit of hair.

~*~*~*~*~*

Koujaku then proceeded to snip off the ends of my hair, taking his time to do so. I didn't say anything because I knew how important this was to him. Not like I really wanted him to stop, though. For some reason, his hands worked so gently I felt I could fall asleep while he snipped away.

"Alright... I think it's done!" Koujaku says, brushing my hair again. He puts all of his tools back on the table and looks very proud of his work. I stare at my reflection in the mirror. It looks greater than I'd imagine it would. And he only trimmed the ends a bit! I smile at Koujaku, who pats the cloth to make the hair fall off. "This... Well, it looks amazing, Koujaku!" I say cheerfully as Koujaku starts cleaning up.

"Thank you, (Y/N). I'm happy you like it." Koujaku says as he starts sweeping my hair into a dustpan. I play with my hair a bit before taking off the plastic cloth. I hand it to Koujaku who folds it up neatly and puts it in his closet. As soon as he turns around I hug him. "(Y-Y/N)?" Koujaku asks a little surprised.

"I'm serious. Thanks so much." I say, and Koujaku slowly wraps his arms around me. When I pull back, I see Koujaku's cheeks are slightly red. Seeing that, I decide to tease him a bit. "Say, would it be completely weird if I took a shower here?" I ask, to which Koujaku's cheeks turn even redder.

"I- I...." Koujaku studders. "Oh don't worry, Koujaku. I'll do that at home." I say and pat his shoulder lightly. He just nods in response. "R-right." I smile at him. "Say, about that date thing..." I say and look at the ground a little. "Y-yes?" Should I ask him? "Well... Could you come to my house tomorrow afternoon?" I ask, looking up at Koujaku again. He smiles at me as his blush fades. "Of course I will, if you want me to." Koujaku says in a slow pace.

I'm greatly relieved as he says that. "Okay then! Could you come around noon? We could have afternoon tea together!" I say as I pick up Pash and put her on my shoulder. Koujaku nods. "Sure, sounds good. I'll see you then." He says. "Okay! Talk to you later. I'll let myself out." I say and wave him goodbye a little before walking out of his apartment.

Yes, I think I really feel something special for Koujaku.

~ Extended End ~

~ ??? POV ~

I stare at the screen and watch her go. She seems so happy here, like I was when I was together with... Her. (Y/N) walks through the streets chattering with that Allmate. Heh. She'll be surprised when she finds out about that thing. "My sweet little (Y/N)... It's almost time."

"Soon. We'll be re-united."