#2

Song above: Shikwa by Mani Dhillon

***

Four years ago

Maheshwari group of Institutions, Kolkata

Like every other day, students were sitting in their class, waiting for their professor to come. Ragini was sitting alone because her two friends were sitting together. It was her turn to sit alone that day. The three of them were talking and laughing. Everyone turns silent as the professor enters inside, followed by a boy of the age of other students in the class. Everyone greets the professor who nods to them.

"Students, I know it's almost the end of your post graduation. Only one semester is left and here we've a new student who has been transferred here from some other college because of some personal reasons." says the professor signing towards the boy who came with him.

"I hope you all will help him about what all he missed in the studies and will befriends with him. So, I introduce your new classmate, Arhaan Mehra to you all." the professor announces.

Everyone just nods their heads and the professor tells Arhaan to take a seat. He looks around the classroom and his eyes falls on the empty seat besides Ragini. He moves towards her direction.

"Can I?" he asks and Ragini nods.

She was looking at his face. He was handsome without any doubt and his amber eyes were so attractive and beautiful that she couldn't help herself from drowning into them. He was charming.

Arhaan sits besides her and the professor starts with the lecture.

"What's your name?" he asks with his charming smile, looking at Ragini who was looking at him already.

"Ragini Gadodia" she replies.

"From where you've come to this college?" she asks.

"London" he says and then curses himself in his mind.

"What? London?" she asks a little shocked.

"Oh, did I say London? No, it's Landane." he says.

"Where's this place? I never heard of this." she asks confused.

'Even I didn't.' he thinks.

"It's one of the not so famous places in India. It's normal that you didn't hear about it." he says and takes a breath of relief when he feels her believing his words.

The class keeps going on. While Ragini's focus was on the lecture, Arhaan was looking at the girls who were giving him looks. He was even winking at a few and Ragini didn't fail to notice that.

'Playboy alert!' she thinks.

The class gets over and students starts leaving the classroom. Ragini also starts leaving with her friends but Arhaan stops her by calling her name.

"Ragini, can you help me with the notes?" he asks hopefully.

Ragini looks at her friends who nods to her. She then nods to Arhaan and both of them leaves together.

"So, you like playing around." she asks while they were walking to some place where they can sit.

"Maybe!" he says chuckling.

"You should have took my notes. Why you brought me with you?" she asks as a matter of fact.

"Because I wanted a company. It's my first day know. What if I got lost?" he asks innocently.

Ragini rolls her eyes as they sits on a bench in the ground of the college campus. Ragini started helping him but he was least interested. He wasn't doing anything sincerelybut was joking and was laughing seeing her seriousness.