Chapter 24

Lena's POV

We were leaving the hospital, and I don't think we could've been moving any slower.

By the time we made it to the car, my knees buckled from pure exhaustion. Harry caught me before I fell, holding me against his chest.

"Is she okay?!" I heard Zayn ask.

"She's fine. Tired. I've been waiting for it." Harry said. He scooped me up into his arms and carried me.

I struggled, I always had a problem being carried. It wasn't that I felt fat, but I hated the idea that someone could easily just drop me for a laugh.

I had trust issues.

Harry held onto me tight, and I was too tired to fight. "Shhh, Lena. I've got you. You don't weigh a thing." He said.

Giving up, I fisted his shirt in my hands. Then I decided that wasn't enough and locked my arms around his neck.

"Don't let go." I said, unable to keep my eyes open anymore.

Then I fell asleep.

Harrys POV

"Don't let go." She whispered.

"I won't." I promised.

But Lena was already unconscious. I cradled her against my chest and climbed into the car.

****

When we made it back up to the hotel rooms, all three of us paused in front of the doors. I still held Lena in my arms. She hadn't woken once since she fell asleep at the hospital.

"I'll come wake you two up at about six thirty, if you're not already up." Zayn said.

Six thirty was two and a half hours before the concert started. It was just after five am now. That would be plenty of sleep.

But there was one thing off.

"What do you mean, you'll come wake us up? You're sharing a room with us." I said.

"No. I'm going to stay with Louis." He said.

"Lena was in that traumatic experience too." I said.

"Lena has you." Said Zayn.

"Louis has Niall." I countered.

"Enough. Just go to bed." Niall said. "Harry, don't do anything Liam would shoot you for. Then Gemma and Lena will both be joining One Direction."

Zayn went into the room with Niall, and I opened mine and Lena's door and went inside.

For the first time, Lena stirred.

Then her death grip on my neck tightened and she gasped. "Lena?" I asked.

She went from a dead weight in my arms to a live wire. She came awake with a scream, kicking and thrashing.

"Lena!" I exclaimed.

She gasped as I dropped her onto the bed and cupped her face in my hands.

"Shhh," I whispered, holding her.

"L-Liam!" she stammered.

"He's okay. He's safe. You're safe. So is Louis. It's okay." I said.

she took deep breaths and quieted down slightly.

"Liam?" she asked quietly.

"It's me." I said. "Liam's safe. He's in the hospital."

"Harry." She said. It didn't sound like a question, and I didn't answer it.